Miguel Ángel Moyà
Moyà taking a goal kick for Getafe in 2012
|Full name||Miguel Ángel Moyà Rumbo|
|Date of birth||2 April 1984|
|Place of birth||Binissalem, Spain|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|2011–2012||→ Getafe (loan)||36||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 2 March 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Binissalem, Majorca, Moyà made his professional debut with hometown RCD Mallorca on 29 August 2004 in a 0–1 home loss against Real Madrid, appearing in 32 La Liga games for a team that barely avoided relegation (17th). After backing up another youth system product, veteran Toni Prats, for two years, he became the undisputed starter.
In late June 2009 Moyà agreed on a move to fellow top division club Valencia CF, for about €5 million. On 5 August, in the club's preseason 0–2 defeat at Manchester United, he featured more than 30 minutes as central midfielder after all the replacements had been made by Unai Emery and an injury occurred; the score was then at 0–1.
On 15 June 2011 Moyà joined Getafe CF on loan, as part of the deal involving Daniel Parejo. At the end of the campaign, in which he only missed two league games as the Madrid outskirts team again retained its division status, he signed a permanent four-year contract.
- Spain U19
- Spain U16
- Spain U20
- Moyà es operado por segunda vez (Moyà undergoes surgery for the second time); Info Balear, 11 February 2009 (Spanish)
- Mestalla calls for Moyá and Saltor; UEFA.com, 1 July 2009
- El Valencia cae con el Manchester ¡con Moyá de mediocentro! (Valencia falls at Manchester with Moyá as central midfielder!); Marca, 5 August 2009 (Spanish)
- Valencia 2–0 Sevilla FC; ESPN Soccernet, 30 August 2009
- "Comunicado oficial" [Official announcement] (in Spanish). Valencia CF. 14 June 2011. Retrieved 15 June 2011.
- Moyá: "Estoy en Getafe muy feliz y por deseo personal" (Moyá: "I am very happy in Getafe and because i wanted"); Marca, 5 July 2012 (Spanish)
- "Moyá podría perderse lo que resta de temporada por una lesión de rodilla" [Moyá might lose remainder of season due to knee injury] (in Spanish). El Mundo Deportivo. 5 March 2014. Retrieved 12 June 2014.
- "Atletico to sign Miguel Moya". ESPN FC. 4 June 2014. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- "Transfer news: Atletico Madrid to sign goalkeeper Miguel Angel Moya from Getafe". Sky Sports. 4 June 2014. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- Moyà heroics keep Italy at bay; UEFA.com, 6 October 2006
- Getafe official profile (Spanish)
- BDFutbol profile
- Miguel Ángel Moyà – FIFA competition record
- Real Mallorca bio (Spanish)
- Soccerway profile