||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (February 2009)|
|Also known as||M. Steelgrave|
|Born||6 March 1974
|Died||18 February 2009(aged 34)|
|Genres||Death metal, melodic death metal, gothic metal|
|Instruments||Guitar, Vocals, Bass, Keyboards|
Miika Tenkula (6 March 1974 – 18 February 2009) was a Finnish heavy metal musician. He was the lead guitarist and the main songwriter for the band Sentenced until it disbanded. He was also the band's original vocalist from 1989 to late 1992.
Miika Tenkula was found dead on 19 February 2009 in his home. He had a serious drinking problem which escalated after Sentenced disbanded. Shortly after his death, the surviving members of Sentenced issued the following statement:
Sentenced mourn the loss of Miika Tenkula, a dear friend, a truly remarkable artist and musician, and the very soul of what used to be Sentenced. Rest now, brother — in your music and our hearts you will live forever.
An autopsy revealed that he had suffered from a genetic heart condition, and suffered a heart attack at his home on February 18, 2009. Miika Tenkula is buried at the Kirkkosaari cemetery in Muhos, Finland.
- Sentenced - Questions mhs.fi. 2002. Retrieved on 2009-08-02.
- "Kuolleita". Kaleva (66/2009): 6. March 8, 2009.
- Former Sentenced Guitarist's Cause Of Death Revealed. 2009-06-26. Retrieved on 2009-07-02.
- "Former Sentenced guitarist Miika Tenkula dead at 34". Blabbermouth.net. February 22, 2009. Retrieved February 22, 2009.
- "Sentenced mourn loss of guitarist Miika Tenkula". Blabbermouth.net. February 19, 2009. Retrieved February 22, 2009.
|This article about a Finnish musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|