Tan at the 2005 AVN Adult Entertainment Expo
November 27, 1977 |
|Other names||Mika Okinawa, Leiloni|
|Ethnicity||Japanese, Taiwanese, Okinawan, Samoan|
|Height||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)|
|Weight||120 lb (54 kg; 8.6 st)|
|No. of adult films||447 (per IAFD)|
Tan was born in Hawaii to a Japanese-Samoan father and an Okinawan-Taiwanese mother. She was raised by her grandmother, who was an established folk dancer and singer, and was the owner of several massage parlors. While her mother's family was musical, her father's is mainly military, including her sister - who serves in the United States Marine Corps and helps Tan with her official website. As a "Navy brat", Tan traveled around the United States, Europe, Southeast Asia, the Middle East, and Africa all before she started high school.
Tan began as a child model, doing catalog work beginning at age 12 and also appeared as an extra in movies and television, commercials, and live musical theater. She was a member of a dance troupe, where she performed modern jazz and ballet.
Tan used her National Merit Scholarship to earn a Bachelor's degree in Biochemistry and an Associate's degree in Psychology. It took her 5 years to graduate & did nude art modeling and was a stripper in nightclubs to support her last year as a student. Tan studied classical voice and graduated from a modeling school.
Adult film career
Tan was discovered at an am/pm by porn director Jack Pearl. Tan also had a third trimester miscarriage in this period, which she has described as the worst time of her life. She was married once, to Alec Knight, another performer in the adult industry.
Tan primarily does fetish-oriented work, including work as a dominatrix and sub for the Kink.com group of companies, mostly the "Men in Pain" and "Divine Bitches" websites, where her intense performances have made her a favorite. She also stars in non-fetish oriented work. She considers herself mainly a fetish model rather than a porn star. The official biography on her website states: "For the record, I do not consider myself a porn star and any girl who has done less than 250 films shouldn't either." Tan has now moved into production, with her debut film featuring heterosexual Asian-American men in hardcore scenes.
- 2009 Urban X Hall of Fame
- 2007 AVN Award for Underrated Starlet of the Year (Unrecognized Excellence)
- 2006 Adam Film World award for "Best Asian Starlet"
- 2006 XRCO Award for Unsung Siren
- Tan, Mika (2005). "Portfolio Page 1". mikatan.com. Retrieved 13 November 2011.
- Tan, Mika (2005). "Mika Tan: About Me". mikatan.com. Retrieved November 13, 2011.
Born in Honolulu, as a military brat, I was raised across the Pacific.
- Mika Tan Videos and Mika Tan Pics Gallery - BangBros Network. Retrieved December 15, 2011.
- "Mika Tan: Resume".[dead link]
- Mika Tan at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Gram Ponante. "Casual Fridays - Photo Frenzy". web.archive.org. Archived from the original on 2006-11-02. Retrieved 2010-06-01.
- "http://www.gramponante.com/2006/04/my-good-porn-friday.html".[dead link]
- http://blog.myspace.com Interview by Vincent P Davis
- "Mika Tan: F-A-Q".[dead link]
- "Mika Tan: About Me".[dead link]
- "Mika Tan Starts Production House". Retrieved 2007-08-29.[dead link]
- Mika Tan: F-A-Q. Retrieved November 6, 2011.
- Gabriel Alvarez (2011-09-19). "The Top 50 Hottest Asian Porn Stars of All Time". Complex. Retrieved 2013-08-02.
- "2009 Award Winners". Urban X Awards. Retrieved August 1, 2009.
- "2007 AVN Award Winners Announced". AVN. 2007-01-16. Retrieved 2007-06-19.[dead link]
- Thomas J Stanton (2006-04-19). "Adam Film World Announces Award Winners". AVN. Retrieved 2008-06-12.[dead link]
- "2006 XRCO Award Winners". Bwdl.net. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
Find more about
at Wikipedia's sister projects
|Media from Commons|