|Mika G. Yamaji|
Yamaji on the set of On the Condition, December 2003
|Born||Mika Gloria Yamaji
|Years active||2003 - present|
Mika G. Yamaji (born January 3, 1978) is a film director, screenwriter, poet and author. Mika graduated from Brown University with a double major in Economics and English Literature. At Brown, Mika wrote and directed her first play, Glock 17. Upon graduation, Mika wrote, directed and two short films in Tokyo with sponsorship from Nikkatsu Studios.
Mentored by avant garde Japanese film director Toyoda Toshiaki, Mika worked with veteran cinematographer Yasushi Sasakibara and lighting director Hideyuki Yasukochi, editor Kusakabe Mototaka and producer Kikuchi Miyoshi.
Mika started big bully films, a film production company, in May 2008.
- 86 Benevolent Street (Firstfruits, 2010) ISBN 978-981-08-6032-5
- On the Condition (2002) (digital, 18 min.)
- The Perfect Afternoon (2003) (35mm, 10 min.)
- Dreams of a Cafe (2009) (16mm, 3 min.)
- Cherry Red (2009) (HD, 16 min.)
- Hanging Gardens (2010) (Canon 5D Mark II HD, 12 min.)
- Glock 17
- London Town
- Sweet Crude Oil
- Watch My A** (with Sean McCully)