Mike Adams (safety)
No. 29 Indianapolis Colts
|Date of birth:March 24, 1981|
|Place of birth: Paterson, New Jersey|
|Undrafted in 2004|
|Debuted in 2004 for the San Francisco 49ers|
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics as of 2014
Michael Carl Adams (born March 24, 1981) is an American football safety for the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League (NFL). He was signed by the San Francisco 49ers as an undrafted free agent in 2004. He played college football at Delaware.
Born in Paterson, New Jersey, Adams attended Passaic County Technical Institute in Wayne, New Jersey before going on to the University of Delaware. At Delaware, he played 43 times with 23 starts. During his college career he made 213 tackles and 11 interceptions. He earned second-team All-Atlantic 10 honors as a senior; however, he was undrafted in the 2004 NFL Draft.
San Francisco 49ers
Adams signed with the San Francisco 49ers as a undrafted free agent. Adams spent three seasons in San Francisco, starting in 18 games and recording five interceptions. Following the 2006 season, Adams left San Francisco and signed with the Cleveland Browns.
Adams joined the Cleveland Browns in 2007 and went on to start in 32 games over a five-year period with the team. During that time, Adams recorded seven interceptions and forced a fumble. Following the 2011 season, Adams became an unrestricted free agent and did not re-sign with the Browns.
On March 15, 2012, Adams signed with the Denver Broncos as a free agent. After joining the team, Adams chose jersey No. 20—which was previously worn by legendary safety Brian Dawkins before he retired during the 2012 offseason. “Hopefully I make him (Dawkins) proud wearing his number,” Adams stated in May. Heading into the 2012 season, Adams is expecting to be one of Denver's two starting safeties this season.[needs update] Before the start of Super Bowl XLVIII, Adams vowed to walk about 12 miles (19 km) from MetLife Stadium back to his childhood home if the Broncos were to win the Championship. He was released by the Broncos early in May 2014.
|2006||San Francisco 49ers||16||8||64||54||10||0.0||0||3||0||0||0.0||0||0||0|
|2005||San Francisco 49ers||14||10||74||57||17||1.0||0||5||4||36||9.0||40T||1||1|
|2004||San Francisco 49ers||8||0||9||5||4||0.0||0||0||1||0||0.0||0||0||0|
- "Cleveland Browns - Players - Mike Adams". clevelandbrowns.com. Retrieved August 6, 2007.
- "Former Bronco Mike Adams Joins the Indianapolis Colts".
- "Mike Adams, SS for the Denver Broncos". NFL. Retrieved September 16, 2013.
- "Broncos DB Mike Adams inherits more than Brian Dawkins' jersey number". BroncoTalk. May 23, 2012. Retrieved September 16, 2013.
- Kiszla, Mark (January 26, 2014). "Broncos' Mike Adams has dream of walking home after Super Bowl". Denver Post.
- Hanzus, Dan (June 14, 2014). "Veteran Mike Adams signs deal with Indianapolis Colts". NFL.com. Retrieved 2014-06-15.
- Keefer, Zak (December 24, 2014). "Colts earn 5 Pro Bowl nods". indystar.com. Retrieved December 25, 2014.