|Date of birth||September 19, 1968|
|Place of birth||San Jose, California, United States|
|1990||Real Santa Barbara|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Mike Avery (born September 19, 1968) is an American soccer coach.
Avery played college soccer for Westmont College in California between 1986 and 1989. Playing for the Warriors he appeared in three NAIA national tournaments. He was honored with two honorable mention NAIA All-American selections and was a four times All-Conference player. In 1989 he was named an All-District player.
In 1994 he began his college head coaching career at Bethel College in Indiana, where he compiled a 43-20-6 record in three seasons. In 1996, he guided the team to an 18-4-2 mark, giving him league coach of the year honors.
- NAIA All-American Honorable Mention:
- NAIA All-Conference player: 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989
- NAIA All-Far West team: 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989
- NCCAA Mid Central Conference Coach of the Year: 1995, 1996
- NCCAA Regional Coach of the Year: 1995, 1996
- "Head Coach Mike Avery". Valparaiso University Men's Soccer Camps. Valparaiso University. Retrieved 29 June 2010.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- "Awards and Honors". Westmont Athletics. Westmont College. Retrieved 29 June 2010.
- Polin, Mitch (November 21, 1989). "COLLEGE DIVISION UC Riverside's Benson Going Out in Style". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 30 June 2010.
The Warriors also placed forwards Peter Bourland and Darren Fishman and midfielders Justin Wall and Mike Avery on the all-district team.
- "Bulletin Board". NCCAA News Update. 1 (Marion, Indiana: National Christian College Athletic Association) 6: 2. October 1994. Retrieved June 30, 2010.
- "Staff List - Mike Avery". Official Athletic Site of Valparaiso University. Valparaiso University. Retrieved 29 June 2010.
- "Irish Assistants Brian Wiese And Mike Avery Take New Positions At Georgetown And Louisville, Respectively". Official Site for Fighting Irish Athletics. University of Notre Dame. 1 March 2006. Retrieved 29 June 2010.
- "Mike Avery - Profile". Official Site for Fighting Irish Athletics. University of Notre Dame. Retrieved 29 June 2010.
- Oren, Paul (July 17, 2008). "Mike Avery plans to run 1,000 miles to raise money for Valparaiso men's soccer team". NWI.com (The Times of Northwest Indiana). Retrieved 29 June 2010.
- "Valpo names Mike Avery as new men's soccer coach". Horizon League. January 18, 2007. Retrieved 30 June 2010.
- Polin, Mitch (December 8, 1987). "College Division It Pays to Play the Top Teams Once in a While". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 30 June 2010.
The Westmont men's soccer team, which finished second to Biola in the NAIA District III, has placed six players on the All-Far West team selected by the National Soccer Coaches Assn. They are goaltender Butch Grosvenor, defenders Richard Smith and Shayne Wulterin, forwards Mike Walker and Mike Avery and midfielder James Thompson.