|Member of the Illinois House of Representatives
from the 115th district
December 30, 1960 |
|Profession||Firefighter, business owner|
Bost was a firefighter before entering politics and becoming a full-time state legislator and business owner. He graduated from Murphysboro High School, attended the University of Illinois Certified Firefighter II Academy, and served in the United States Marine Corps (1979–82). He and his wife Tracy have three children and six grandchildren.
Bost sponsors many firearm bills in support of the right to bear arms. He was a passionate opponent of former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich. In May 2012, upset over a bill to overhaul state pensions, Bost screamed and threw papers on the Illinois House floor because the House was only given twenty minutes to review and vote on a two-hundred page bill.
- "Bost rant on House floor goes viral". The Southern. May 30, 2012.
- "Watch: Ill. lawmaker loses cool over pension bill". CBS News. May 30, 2012.
- Illinois General Assembly - Representative Mike Bost (R) 115th District Official IL House website
- State Representative Mike Bost
- Project Vote Smart - Representative Mike J. Bost (IL) profile
- Follow the Money - Mike Bost
- Illinois State Representative Mike Bost Official Campaign Website
- Illinois House Republican Caucus - Mike Bost profile