Mike Clark (indie rock musician)
Clark performing with Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks in 2014
|Birth name||Michael Edward Clark|
|Instruments||Keyboards, guitar, drums, tambourine, cowbell|
|Associated acts||The Jicks, Stephen Malkmus, The No-No's, The Underpants Machine, The Surf Maggots, The Maroons, The Minus 5, Star Hustler, Anziano, Rusty Martin, No Relation|
Mike Clark is a musician and restaurateur based in Portland, Oregon. He currently plays keyboards and guitar for Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks.
Clark has performed with a number of bands in the Portland area. During the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) he played drums with the Surf Maggots, guitar with the Underpants Machine and the No-No's, and keyboards with the Maroons. Since 2001, he has recorded and toured extensively with Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks.
He is currently the touring bass player for The Corin Tucker Band and can be seen in their video for "Riley."
Sassiest Boy in America
- The Surf Maggots - Are You There, God? It's Me, Maggot (1995, Candy-Ass)
- The No-No's - Secret Luminaries (1999, Chromosome)
- The No-No's - Tinnitus (2000, Animal World)
- The No-No's - Let Your Shadow Out (2002, Animal World)
- The Maroons - You're Gonna Ruin Everything (2002, In Music We Trust)
- Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks - Pig Lib (2003, Matador)
- Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks - Face the Truth (2005, Matador)
- Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks - Real Emotional Trash (2008, Matador)
- Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks - Mirror Traffic (2011, Matador)
- "Slanted and Enchanted," Entertainment Weekly (March 7, 2008).
- "The Sassiest Boy We Could Find," Sassy (July 1991).
- "Here's One Too Cool Total Babe" Washington Post (September 22, 1990).
- "The Age of Sagittarius," Willamette Week (October 12, 2005).