Mike Connolly (Iowa politician)
|Michael W. Connolly|
|Member of the Iowa Senate
from the 14th district
|Preceded by||Kitty Rehberg|
|Succeeded by||Pam Jochum|
|Member of the Iowa House of Representatives
from the 35th district
|Preceded by||Diane Brandt|
October 31, 1945 |
|Alma mater||Loras College|
Connolly spent 30 years in the public service, 10 of which were spent in the Iowa House and 20 years in the Iowa Senate. Connolly served on several committees in the Iowa Senate - the Appropriations committee; the Education committee; the Ways and Means committee; the Ethics committee, where he was vice chair; the Government Oversight committee, where he was vice chair; the State Government committee, where he was chair and the Transportation committee, where he was chair. He served in the Iowa House of Representatives 1979 – 1989.
- Harkin, Tom. "Retirement Of Iowa State Senator Michael Connolly". Capitol Words. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- "Canvass Summary - FINAL - ELECTION: 2004 General Election (11/2/2004)". Iowa Secretary of State. December 6, 2004.
- "Mike Connolly Won't Seek Another Term - Dubuque Senator Says He Supports Jochum". KCCI-TV. September 19, 2007. Retrieved 2009-06-15.
- Iowa General Assembly - Senator Mike Connolly official government websiteTemplate:Deadline
- Project Vote Smart - Michael W. 'Mike' Connolly profile
- Follow the Money - Mike Connolly
- Iowa Senate Democrats - Mike Connolly profile[dead link]
|Iowa House of Representatives|
1978 – 1982
1982 – 1990
1990 – 2002
2002 – 2008
|This article about an Iowa politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|