Mike Dalton (wrestler)
|Ring name(s)||Matt Clement
|Billed height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m) |
|Billed weight||195 lb (88 kg; 13.9 st)|
January 19, 1988 |
Vancouver, British Columbia
|Billed from||Daytona Beach, Florida|
|Trained by||FCW Staff
Mattias Clement (born January 19, 1988) is a Canadian professional wrestler. He is signed to WWE, where he is working in their developmental territory NXT Wrestling under the ring name Mike Dalton. He is a former FCW Florida Heavyweight Champion.
Professional wrestling career
Power Zone Wrestling (2007–2010)
He made his debut for Power Zone Wrestling in 2007 under the ring name "Mattias Wild". His first match on 25 April 2007 was against Rage O´Reilly, he defeated him accomplishing his first win. Clement wrestled there till June 8, 2008 when he left the promotion to join Elite Canadian Championship Wrestling
In April Clement wrestled 72 Hours at Wrestling with hunger, it was from April 2 2pm to April 5 2pm, this event was at NWA ECCW Port Coquitlam, British Columbia. At this event Clement made his debut for ECCW. At May 2 Clement won a match against Alex Plexis to qualify for the first round of the 2009 Pacific Cup, he lost then in the first round to Billy Suede on 6 June 2009. On 5 September 2009 he lost a Tag Team Match with Dan Myers against the team of Jamie Diaz and Nick Price, it was a first round match for the ECCW Tag Team Championship, which Clement lost. The teams feuded against each other with the better outcome for Nick Price and Jamie Diaz who called themselves "The Icons". On October 3, 2009 Clement wrestled his last match before he went to Prairie Wrestling Alliance for ECCW against "Ravenous" Randy Myers which he lost. While he was a wrestler for ECCW he also was trained by Lance Storm in Calgary, Alberta.
After he competed in the Prairie Wrestling Alliance, he came back for a last match on 11 September 2010 which he lost to Billy Suede.
World Wrestling Entertainment/WWE
Developmental territories (2010–present)
On December 2, 2010, Clement made his debut for Florida Championship Wrestling in an big 10-Man Tag Team Match where he teamed with Husky Harris, Kenny Li, Chimaera and Buck Dixon under the ring name Matt Clement. They defeated Big E Langston, Darren Young, Roman Leakee, Kevin Hackman and James Bronson. On January 13 he wrestled the last time with the ring name Matt Clement when he defeated Tom Latimer.
On January 8, he was defeated by Xavier Woods under the ring name Mike McGrath He wrestled two more matches under this ring name, losing to Calvin Raines on 20 January 2011 and losing to Michael Tarver on February 12, 2011.
On April 14, 2011, he made his debut with his ring name Mike Dalton losing against Rick Victor. He earned his first win in FCW on 17 November 2011 against Peter Orlov On 15 December, Dalton won a Battle Royal to earn the right to compete for the FCW Florida Heavyweight Championship He challenged Leo Kruger but lost the match. Dalton won the FCW Heavyweight Championship on 2 February 2012 when he defeated Kruger. His reign lasted 21 days and he lost the rematch and the belt to Kruger.
When WWE rebranded its developmental territory, FCW, into NXT Wrestling, Dalton debuted on the rebooted WWE NXT taped at Full Sail University, where he teamed with CJ Parker in a loss to the Ascension (Kenneth Cameron and Conor O'Brian). On the August 1 episode of NXT, Dalton teamed with Jason Jordan and defeated the team of Hunico and Camacho. On the August 29 episode of NXT, Dalton and Jordan lost in a rematch against Hunico and Camacho.
- Signature moves
Championships and accomplishments
- Florida Championship Wrestling
- "OWOW Profile". OWOW. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- "FCW Profile". FCW/WWE. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- "FCW Champions". FCW/WWE. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- Lance Storm. "Storm Alumni network". Stormacademy. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- "Dalton Cagematch Profile". Cagematch. Retrieved 26 March 2012.[unreliable source]
- "Resurlts 22 january 2012". wrestlingnews. Retrieved 18 March 2012.[unreliable source]
- Meltzer, Dave (2 February 2012). "Two title changes at tonight's FCW tapings". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Retrieved 4 February 2012.
- "WWE News: FCW name being phased out". Wrestling Observer. Retrieved August 14, 2012.
- James, Justin. "JAMES'S WWE NXT REPORT 6/20 – Week 1 of new season: Kidd vs. McGillicutty main event, Ross & Regal on commentary". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- James, Justin. "JAMES'S WWE NXT RESULTS 8/1: NXT Title tournament begins with Rollins, Steamboat, McIntyre". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- James, Justin. "JAMES'S WWE NXT REPORT 8/29 - Week 11: First NXT champion crowned in big-match setting". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 8 September 2012.