Tyler Breeze posing for a selfie as part of his entrance in August 2013.
|Birth name||Mattias Clement|
January 19, 1988 |
Penticton, British Columbia, Canada
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Matt Clement
|Billed height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Billed weight||206 lb (93 kg)|
|Billed from||Patagonia, Chile
Penticton, British Columbia, Canada
Daytona Beach, Florida
|Trained by||Lance Storm|
Professional wrestling career
Early career (2007–2010)
In 2008, Clement began wrestling for NWA Extreme Canadian Championship Wrestling (ECCW). While wrestling for ECCW, Clement was trained by Lance Storm in Calgary. On May 2, Clement won a match against Alex Plexis to qualify for the first round of the 2009 Pacific Cup; he then lost in the first round to Billy Suede on June 6, 2009. On September 5, 2009, he lost a tag team match with Dan Myers against the team of "The Icons" Jamie Diaz and Nick Price in a first round match for the ECCW Tag Team Championship. The teams then began a feud, with Price and Diaz coming out on top on most occasions. Clement then wrestled for Prairie Wrestling Alliance in 2010, returning to ECCW for a last match on September 11, 2010, which he lost to Billy Suede.
World Wrestling Entertainment/WWE
Developmental territories (2010–present)
After signing with World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), Clement made his debut for the company's developmental territory Florida Championship Wrestling on December 2, 2010, at a live event. After going through several ring names, Clement made his television debut as Mike Dalton on the July 17, 2011 episode of FCW TV in a loss to Alexander Rusev. He earned his first win in FCW on November 17, 2011, against Peter Orlov. On December 15, Dalton won a Battle Royal to earn the right to compete for the FCW Florida Heavyweight Championship. He challenged Leo Kruger, but lost the match. Dalton won the FCW Heavyweight Championship on February 2, 2012, when he defeated Kruger. His reign lasted 21 days and he lost the rematch and the title to Kruger.
When WWE rebranded FCW into NXT Wrestling, Dalton debuted as an enhancement talent on the June 20, 2012, episode of rebooted NXT show, where he teamed with CJ Parker in a loss to The Ascension (Kenneth Cameron and Conor O'Brian). On the August 1, 2012, episode of NXT, Dalton teamed with Jason Jordan and defeated the team of Hunico and Camacho. On the August 29 episode of NXT, Dalton and Jordan lost in a rematch against Hunico and Camacho.
Feeling that the rather generic Mike Dalton character hadn't caught on with fans, WWE officials informed Clement in January 2013 that he needed a new character or he was going to be released. On the July 24, 2013, episode of NXT, Clement redebuted with a new gimmick as Tyler Breeze, a narcissistic model obsessed with taking selfies, even during matches. Clement largely came up with the Breeze character himself, with Triple H giving him the suggestion of using an iPhone to take selfies with after initially rehearsing the character with a pocket mirror as a way to bring the character more modern.
Breeze then began a feud with CJ Parker, after repeatedly being 'photobombed' by Parker. On the December 8 episode of NXT, Breeze started a feud with Adrian Neville after costing him the NXT Championship in a lumberjack match. The feud culminated in a match a couple of weeks later which Neville won. At NXT Arrival, Breeze was scheduled to face Xavier Woods, but both men were attacked early in the match by Alexander Rusev, rendering the match a no contest. In the following weeks Breeze continued his feud with Woods by attacking him before a match with Rusev, before the two faced each other in a match on NXT which Breeze won.
On the May 8 episode of NXT, Breeze participated in a 20-man battle royal for a NXT Championship shot and was involved in a three-way tie. As a result, he faced the other two winners, Sami Zayn and Tyson Kidd in a triple-threat match on the next episode of NXT, where Kidd won to become #1 contender. At NXT TakeOver, Breeze faced Zayn in another #1 contender match, where Breeze won. In mid-June Breeze suffered a broken finger which kept him out of action for a month. He returned on the July 24 episode of NXT, defeating Mojo Rawley. Breeze faced Neville for the NXT Championship on the August 14 episode of NXT, but was unsuccessful after Kidd interfered and caused a disqualification. Breeze, along with Zayn and Kidd then once again challenged unsuccessfully for the title at NXT TakeOver: Fatal 4-Way. Prior to this, Breeze made his main roster debut on the September 8 episode of Raw, teaming with Kidd in a match against Neville and Zayn to hype the TakeOver: Fatal 4 Way event. Between TakeOver: Fatal 4 Way and TakeOver: R Evolution, Breeze wasn't booked in any feuds and on the December 18th episode of NXT, a cell phone vignette from Breeze aired, claiming he was taking a short break from NXT to model overseas. He returned on the January 8th episode of NXT, defeating the debuting Chad Gable. On January 21, Breeze was defeated by Hideo Itami in a first round match during a tournament to determine the #1 contender for the NXT Championship. This led to a rematch at TakeOver: Rival, which was again won by Itami. Breeze's rivalry with Itami continued and the two along with Finn Balor were placed in a triple threat to determine the number one contender for the NXT Championship at TakeOver: Unstoppable.
In 2014 Breeze was the focus of an E:60 Behind the Curtains episode. The show was predominantly about his new gimmick and the process of inventing a character. It aired in May 2015.
- Finishing moves
- Signature moves
- Entrance themes
Championships and accomplishments
- Florida Championship Wrestling
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- "Mike Dalton – FCW profile, Feb '11". Florida Championship Wrestling. Archived from the original on February 26, 2011. Retrieved February 2, 2014.
hometown: Penticton, BC, Canada / birthday: January 19th / At 23 years old (archived Feb '11), Dalton has youth on his side...
- "Tyler Breeze: Profile & Match Listing". profightdb.
- "OWOW Profile". OWOW. Retrieved March 18, 2012.
- "Mike Dalton – FCW profile, May '12". Florida Championship Wrestling. Archived from the original on May 12, 2012. Retrieved February 2, 2014.
height/weight: 6'1 / 195 lbs / hometown: Daytona Beach, FL / finishing move: Implant DDT
- "Tyler Breeze". WWE. Retrieved February 12, 2015.
- "Tyler Breeze – NXT profile". WWE. Archived from the original on February 2, 2014. Retrieved March 26, 2012.
- James, Justin (January 16, 2014). "James's WWE NXT Report 1/15". PWTorch.com. Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved January 26, 2014.
Adrian is facing Tyler Breeze, who is now being billed as from his "seasonal residency" in Brazil.
- Lance Storm. "Storm Alumni network". Stormacademy. Retrieved March 18, 2012.
- "Dalton Cagematch Profile". Cagematch. Retrieved March 26, 2012.[unreliable source?]
- Trionfo, Richard. "Florida Championship Wrestling Television Report: All FCW Champions In Action; Johnny Curtis Gets Another Shot At The Fcw Title; Alexander Rusev Makes His Television Debut". PWInsider. Retrieved July 26, 2013.
- "Spoilers: FCW Taping Results Airing January 22nd, 2012". Wrestling News. Retrieved March 18, 2012.[unreliable source?]
- "FCW Champions". Florida Championship Wrestling. Retrieved March 26, 2012.
- Meltzer, Dave (February 2, 2012). "Two title changes at tonight's FCW tapings". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Retrieved February 4, 2012.
- "WWE News: FCW name being phased out". Wrestling Observer. Retrieved August 14, 2012.
- James, Justin. "JAMES'S WWE NXT REPORT 6/20 – Week 1 of new season: Kidd vs. McGillicutty main event, Ross & Regal on commentary". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved July 14, 2012.
- James, Justin. "JAMES'S WWE NXT RESULTS 8/1: NXT Title tournament begins with Rollins, Steamboat, McIntyre". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved August 9, 2012.
- James, Justin. "JAMES'S WWE NXT REPORT 8/29 – Week 11: First NXT champion crowned in big-match setting". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved September 8, 2012.
- E:60 Behind the Curtain ESPN (05/05/2015)
- James, Justin. "JAMES'S WWE NXT RESULTS 7/24: First NXT Women's champion crowned & Triple H makes appearance, Overall Reax". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved July 26, 2013.
- Trionfo, Richard. "WWE NXT REPORT: UNITED STATES TITLE ON THE LINE; NXT TITLE ON THE LINE; DANCE SUPREMACY IN NXT ON THE LINE; TYLER BREEZE IS TYLER BREEZE; AND MORE". PWInsider. Retrieved August 9, 2013.
- James, Justin. "James's WWE NXT report 12/18 – Week 77: NXT Title match, Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards in a WWE ring, Kidd & Zayn, Divas champ in action, Overall Reax". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved March 8, 2014.
- James, Justin. "James's WWE NXT report 5/8 – Week 97: Battle Royal for NXT Title shot, Women's Title tournament continues, Triple H apeparance, Exotic Express; Overall Reax". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved May 20, 2014.
- James, Justin. "James's WWE NXT report 5/15 – Week 98: NXT Title #1 contender match, Women's Title tourney continues; Overall Reax". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved May 20, 2014.
- "James's WWE NXT TakeOver report 5/29: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live special on WWE Network". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved June 2, 2014.
- "WWE Raw results, September 8, 2014: The Authority contains Roman Reigns, Bella brawl engulfs Jerry Springer and NXT Superstars 'take over' Raw". WWE. Retrieved 2014-09-08.
- Namako, Jason. "WWE NXT Results - 12/18/14 (Neville vs. Owens)". wrestleview.com. WrestleView. Retrieved 18 December 2014.
- Melok, Bobby. "WWE NXT results - Jan. 8, 2015: Sami Zayn returns, Lucha Dragons and Vaudevillains clash for Tag Team Titles". wwe.com. Retrieved 9 January 2015.
- "WWE NXT RESULTS - 1/21/15 (ITAMI VS. BREEZE)". WrestleView. Retrieved 2015-01-26.
- James, Justin. "WWE NXT Takeover report 2/11: Zayn vs. Owens NXT Title match, Women's Title semi-main event, Neville-Balor; Reax". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 13 February 2015.
- "How Tyler Breeze became a part of the music video for the internet's biggest viral song". WWE. Retrieved June 2, 2014.
- Rueter, Sean. (August 29, 2013). "WWE NXT results and reactions from August 28: The Big Comedown". Cagesideseats.
"That lets the gorgeous one grab his phone and use it to crack the moonchild in the head for the win.
- "iTunes - Music - WWE NXT: #MMMGORGEOUS(feat. Tyler Breeze) - Single by CFO$".
- "Pro Wrestling Illustrated (PWI) 500 for 2014". The Internet Wrestling Database. Retrieved 2014-12-02.