|Member of the Ohio House of Representatives
from the 18th district
January 3, 2011
|Preceded by||Matt Patten|
March 13, 1975 |
|Alma mater||Baldwin-Wallace College|
Michael D. "Mike" Dovilla is a member of the Ohio House of Representatives who represents the Seventh District. Prior to redistricting, he was first elected to represent the Eighteenth District in 2010. He is a Republican.
Dovilla was raised in Berea, Ohio, and graduated from Baldwin Wallace College and American University. Dovilla is a U.S. Navy veteran, formerly worked for U.S. Senator George Voinovich and the United States State Department. He is a member of Phi Kappa Tau and was elected in 2010 to a six-year term on its National Council. He also manages The Dovilla Group, a strategic consulting firm.
Ohio House of Representatives
When incumbent Matt Patten won a district in 2008 by a slim margin, he quickly became a big target to Republicans in 2010, and Dovilla was fielded to try and knock him off. Quickly decided the favorite, Dovilla still faced strong opposition in a negative and costly campaign. In an overwhelmingly Republican year, Dovilla bested Patten by about 2000 votes.
He was sworn into his first term on January 3, 2011, and is serving as a member of the committees on Economic and Small Business Development; Education (as vice chair); State Government and Elections and the Subcommittee on Redistricting; and Ways and Means.
- Machu, Sara (2011-05-23). "Matt Patten and Michael Dovilla face off in Ohio 18th District". Cleveland Plain Dealer. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- "Election Results - Ohio House of Representatives: November 2, 2010". Ohio Secretary of State. Retrieved 2013-08-14.
- "Election Results - Final Results - November 2012" (Microsoft Excel). Ohio Secretary of State. Retrieved 2013-08-14.
- The Ohio House of Representatives: Rep. Mike Dovilla (R-Berea) official site
- Dovilla for Ohio official campaign site