Mike Dunn (snooker player)
|This article is outdated. (November 2011)|
20 November 1971 |
|Highest ranking||32 (October 2010)|
|48 (as of 15 March 2015)|
|Highest break||147 (2012 German Masters Qualifying)|
|Best ranking finish||Semi-finals (2014 China Open)|
Mike Dunn (born 20 November 1971 in Middlesbrough, England) is an English snooker player who currently lives in Redcar. Dunn turned professional in 1991. His best performance in a ranking competition came in the 2005 Malta Cup when he beat five players including Marco Fu and David Gray to reach the last 16 eventually losing to Matthew Stevens 5–3. In 2002 he achieved a lifelong dream of reaching the televised stage of the World Championships, while ranked #72 in the world, where he lost 10–6 in the first round, also to Stevens.
He qualified for the 2001 Thailand Masters. In 2006/2007 he reached the last 32 of two events, beating Mark Davis in both. He qualified for the 2007 Shanghai Masters by beating Mark King, but lost 5–3 to wildcard Yu Delu. He was one frame away from reaching the 2008 Welsh Open.
The 2011/12 season proved to be very disappointing: he qualified for only one of the eight ranking events. The main cause for his poor results were because he suffered an illness in late 2011 which meant he had to miss some of the PTC events which ultimately meant he dropped 11 places in the rankings in that year and finished Ranked NO 49 outside of the top 48.
- "World rankings after EPTC2" (PDF). worldsnooker.com. World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association. Archived from the original on 11 November 2010. Retrieved 1 January 2013.
- "Prize Money - All-time, Professional". CueTracker - Snooker Database. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- "Mike Dunn". CueTracker - Snooker Database. Retrieved 26 April 2014.
- The Independent: Contenders wait on O'Sullivan's shoulder
- Article about 2001 Thailand Masters, his first ever appearance in an overseas event
- Article about 2007 Shanghai Masters
- Liverpool Daily Post: Liverpool potter beats White
- Hartlepool Junior Coaching Academy
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mike Dunn.|