|Michael E. Fleck|
|Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
from the 81st district
January 2, 2007
|Preceded by||Larry O. Sather|
|Residence||Three Springs, Pennsylvania|
|Alma mater||Liberty University
Michael E. Fleck, commonly known as Mike Fleck, is a Republican member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives for the 81st legislative district. He was first elected in 2006 to succeed the retiring Larry Sather, taking office on January 2, 2007.
Fleck attended Southern Huntingdon County High School and earned a degree in history and a minor in youth ministry in 1995 from Liberty University. He has attended graduate courses at Shippensburg University. From 1999 to 2004 he worked as a district executive for the Boy Scouts of America in Huntingdon County. Prior to elective office, Fleck worked for Raystown Developmental Services.
Fleck ran unopposed for a fourth term in the House of Representatives in 2012.
Fleck came out as a gay man on December 1, 2012. He and Democratic Rep. Brian Sims share the designation of the first openly gay members of the Pennsylvania General Assembly. Fleck is one of just two openly gay Republican state legislators in the United States, alongside Ohio state representative Tim Brown.
- "2006 General Election - Representative in the General Assembly". Commonwealth of PA - Elections Information. Pennsylvania Department of State. 2004. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- "Session of 2007 191st of the General Assembly No. 1". Legislative Journal. Pennsylvania House of Representatives. 2007-01-02. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- "Rep. Mike Fleck Biography". Pennsylvania House Republican Caucus. 2008. Retrieved 2009-01-11.
- "Representative Michael E. 'Mike' Fleck (PA)". Project Vote Smart. Project Vote Smart. 2008. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- "Republican State Rep. Mike Fleck: I'm Gay". Politicspa.com. 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- "Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Article II, Sec. 2". Retrieved 2013-12-17.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Mike Fleck official PA House website
- Pennsylvania House Republican Caucus - Representative Mike Fleck official Party website
- Elect Mike Fleck official campaign website