|William Michael Hollands|
10 March 1946 |
Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia
William Michael "Mike" Hollands (born 10 March 1946) is the creative director and founder of Melbourne based animation house Act3animation. His best known directorial work, the tragicomedy Piñata, was a nominee at the 2005 Annecy International Animated Film Festival in Annecy, France, the 2005 AFI Awards, for Best Short Animation, and won Vancouver's Vidfest 2005.
Hollands was also an exhibiting painter in his earlier years, and did cover illustrations for various books, including the 1980 Miles Franklin Award winner, The Impersonators, by Jessica Anderson, and 1981's Fly Away Peter, by David Malouf.
As of 2014, Hollands is currently producing a new Act3animation web series entitled Bup & Endo. Created, written and directed by Hollands, episodes are released weekly on the YouTube channel Bup & Endo. The series is described as "an animated series starring two whimsical cartoon characters, Bup and Endo and the other odd characters inhabiting their strange world".
- "Australian Film Commission - 2005 Screenings". Retrieved 9 April 2007.
- "AFI nominees". The Age. 21 October 2005. Retrieved 16 April 2007.
- "2005 AFI Award nominations announced". State of the Arts News. 24 October 2005. Retrieved 16 April 2007.
- "Deakin Motion.Lab Media Release". Deakin University. 26 September 2006. Archived from the original on 3 September 2007. Retrieved 9 April 2007.
- THE IMPERSONATORS by Jessica Anderson
- FLY AWAY PETER by David Malouf
- Bup & Endo YouTube Channel About Page
- Act3animation Homepage
- Act3animation's channel on YouTube
- Bup & Endo's channel on YouTube
- Mike Hollands at the Internet Movie Database
|This biographical article related to film in Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Australian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|