Mike J. Nichols
Nichols created a re-cut of George Lucas' Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace known as The Phantom Edit. According to the re-done scroll, the self-proclaimed "The Phantom Editor" stated he re-edited a standard VHS version of The Phantom Menace into what he believed was "a much stronger version of the film". He also did an edit of Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones called "Attack of the Phantom" where he did the same, with additional commentary explaining his editing decisions.
He currently works in Los Angeles as both an editor and executive producer. His recent editing credits include The Last Play at Shea which premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival and at Citi Field in New York for the largest movie exhibition since 1919.
- Fausset, Richard. A Phantom Menace?. LA Times. 1 June 2002. Retrieved 17 August 2011.
- Rodgers, Andrew. Zap2it Interview with Phantom Editor. Zap2it. 6 June 2011. Retrieved 17 July 2011.
- Mystery of Star Wars phantom edit. BBC. 7 June 2001. Retrieved 17 August 2011.
- Friday Fun 'Drinking at a Bar'. TVWeek.com. 8 August 2011. Retrieved 17 August 2011.
- Wortham, Jenna. Two Guys Drinking at a Bar Parodies Lost, Galactica. Wired. 7 August 2008. Retrieved 17 August 2011.