|San Francisco Giants – No. 59|
December 12, 1988 |
|Bats: Left||Throws: Left|
|May 28, 2013 for the San Francisco Giants|
(through 2013 season)
|Earned run average||10.16|
Kickham attended Glendale High School in Springfield, Missouri, and played for the school's baseball team. His senior season as a Falcon, he posted a 1.16 ERA with 65 strikeouts. He also hit for a .390 batting average as an outfielder. Kickham earned all-conference status at both positions.
Kickham spent 2009 at Crowder College, where he went 3-3 with a 5.62 ERA. He struck out 47 batters in 41 innings. After Crowder, Kickham transferred to Missouri State University, where he had a 4-9 record with a 5.25 ERA, in 15 games.
The San Francisco Giants selected Kickham in the sixth round of the 2010 Major League Baseball Draft. After spending 2010 with the rookie league squad, he spent 2011 with the Augusta Greenjackets. In 2012, he was promoted to the Class AA Richmond Flying Squirrels, where he posted an 11-10 record and a 3.05 ERA in 28 games.
After two months with the Class AAA Fresno Grizzlies, the Giants promoted Kickham to the majors on May 26, 2013. Kickham made his debut against the A's, going 2.2 innings while allowing 4 runs with 4 walks. The Giants failed to come back and Kickham suffered the loss.
- "Mike Kickham". Missouri State Baseball. Retrieved 27 May 2011.[dead link]
- "Mike Kickham". The Baseball Cube. Retrieved 27 May 2011.
- "Mike Kickham". Baseball Reference. Retrieved 27 May 2011.
- http://blogs.mercurynews.com/giants/2013/05/26/mike-kickham-chosen-to-fill-in-for-veteran-who-helped-him-in-the-spring-2/[dead link]
- MLB.com Gameday | SFGiants.com: Gameday
- Mike Kickham | Baseball News Hound
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)