|Also known as||Direwolf|
|Born||May 17, 1981|
|Genres||Extreme metal, black metal|
|Labels||Black Market Activities|
|Associated acts||Behold... The Arctopus|
Lerner began playing the piano when he was five years old. He attended New York University where he received a degree in jazz composition and also met fellow musician Colin Marston. The two began to play together and eventually formed the tech-metal group Behold... the Arctopus. They were later joined by Charlie Zeleny.
Lerner is endorsed by Ibanez Guitars and is often seen performing on their RG model. His first Ibanez guitar was a bright yellow coloured RG565 that he found at a pawn shop in the mid-1990s. He also uses a Peavey 5150 head and a Mesa Boogie 4x12 cabinet.
With Behold... The Arctopus
- 2002: We Need a Drummer (demo, MP3.com)
- 2003: Arctopocalypse Now... Warmageddon Later (demo, self-released)
- 2005: Nano-Nucleonic Cyborg Summoning (EP, Troubleman Unlimited, Epicene Sound Systems)
- 2006: Split with Orthrelm (Split, Crucial Blast Records, Eyes of Sound)
- 2007: Memphis 3-6-06 (Video, s.l.a.p.)
- 2007: Skullgrid (album, Black Market Activities)
- 2007: Beyond the Lands of Human Existence (album, Blastard Entertainment)
- "Mike Lerner Artist Interview". Ibanez.co.jp. Ibanez Guitars. February 7, 2008. Retrieved 2009-12-17.
- Lerner, Mike. "MySpace - Mike". MySpace.com. MySpace. Retrieved 2009-12-17.
- "BEHOLD... THE ARCTOPUS: Video Interview Available". BlabberMouth.net. Roadrunner Records. September 9, 2008. Retrieved 2009-12-17.
|This article on a U.S. metal guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|