The youngest member of the Committee of 100, he was sent, aged sixteen, to Wormwood Scrubs Prison along with most of the Committee. He has served two spells as contributor to London's Underground journal International Times.
In 1992 he was the co-author, with Prof A. Wuensche, of the book The Global Dynamics Of Cellular Automata, published in the "Santa Fe Institute's Reference Volumes". The book is an atlas of emergent forms evolving from the apparently chaotic product of a set of iterated logical operations.
He was assistant to the Directing Professor, P. Allen, at the Institute for Ecotechnological Research at Cranfield University. He is the co-author of several scientific papers on dynamical systems theory with Prof Allen.
In 2009 he founded The International Times Archive, a free archive of every page of International Times from its first issue in 1966 to its last in 1994.
- International Times, May 1968, R. Tasher, "Stop Press Paris 24th May", London. 
- P.Allen & M.Lesser (1991) Evolutionary Theories of Economic Change, pp. 160-172. Harwood Academic Publishers. Ed. P. P. Saviotti & J. Metcalfe. ISBN 3-7186-5078-9
- D. Murray et al. (May 200), “Attention, monotropism and the diagnostic critera for Autism", The International Journal Of Research and Practice: Autism Vol 9, No 2, pp. 139-157.
- The Times, London, September 10, 2005, “Give me a break" 
- Dazed and Confused, December 2009, Karley Sciortino, "Anti-Authoritarian Mike Lesser on His Life of Anarchy", London.
- Nuclear bunker spy comes out of hiding Sunday Times, 21 March 2010.