|Position:||Center / Guard|
|Date of birth:||March 8, 1985|
|Place of birth:||Austintown, Ohio|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||325 lb (147 kg)|
|High school:||Austintown (OH) Fitch|
|NFL draft:||2008 – 4th round – 109th pick|
Career NFL statistics as of 2013
|Stats at NFL.com|
Michael Ryan "Mike" McGlynn (born March 8, 1985) is an American football center who currently plays for the Kansas City Chiefs. He was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in the fourth round of the 2008 NFL Draft. He played college football at Pittsburgh.
During the 2008 season, McGlynn was the backup left guard to Todd Herremans, and later Nick Cole. He was placed on injured reserve on January 7, 2009 due to a torn hamstring suffered in a Wild Card Playoff game against the Minnesota Vikings.
McGlynn was inactive for every game of the 2009 season. After Jamaal Jackson suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in week 16 against the Denver Broncos, McGlynn was the backup center behind Nick Cole for the rest of the season.
McGlynn became the starting center for the Eagles after Jackson suffered a torn triceps tendon before the start of the 2010 NFL season. He caught the first pass of his NFL career off a deflection on September 12, 2010. It came from Kevin Kolb and went for one yard.
McGlynn was released on September 3, 2011, during final roster cuts.
On September 4, McGlynn was claimed off waivers by the Cincinnati Bengals. He played in seven games in 2011, starting four.
McGlynn was signed by the Indianapolis Colts on March 15, 2012.
Kansas City Chiefs
- "Samuel, Jackson pull hamstrings in practice". ESPN.com. June 4, 2008. Retrieved 2010-12-18.
- Patton, Steve (January 8, 2009). "Andrews back on practice field, but not ready to play". Reading Eagle. Retrieved 2010-12-18.
- Grotz, Bob (December 29, 2009). "Jackson lost for season with knee injury". The Times Herald. Retrieved 2010-12-18.
- "Kolb, Bradley don't pass tests; Vick to take first-team reps". Philadelphia Daily News. September 15, 2010. Retrieved 2010-12-18.
- Keim, John. "Redskins sign Mike McGlynn". ESPN.com. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- Redskins Trim Roster To Required 75 Players
- Chiefs Sign Guard Mike McGlynn; Gottschalk Waived
|Starting Center of the Philadelphia Eagles