Dr Mike Nahan
|Mike Nahan opening the Willetton Rotary Fair 2010|
|Treasurer of Western Australia|
17 March 2014
|Preceded by||Troy Buswell|
|Western Australian Minister for Energy; Citizenship and Multicultural Interests|
21 March 2013
|Western Australian Minister for Finance|
21 March 2013 – 17 March 2014
|Member of the Western Australian Legislative Assembly
6 September 2008
|Preceded by||Tony McRae|
|Born||Michael Dennis Nahan
2 July 1950
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
|Political party||Liberal Party of Australia|
|Alma mater||University of Michigan
Australian National University
Michael Dennis "Mike" Nahan (born 2 July 1950) is an Australian politician. He has been a Liberal member of the Western Australian Legislative Assembly since 2008. He is the Western Australian Treasurer, Minister for Energy, and Minister for Citizenship and Multicultural Interests.
Nahan was born in Ann Arbor, Michigan in 1950 as one of 13 children and grew up on a small farm, later graduating with a bachelor's degree in economics from the University of Michigan. After arriving in Australia in the late 1970s, he received a doctorate in economics from the Australian National University having previously completed a master's degree in agricultural economics.
After the 2013 Western Australian state election, Nahan was appointed Western Australian Minister for Energy, Finance, and Citizenship and Multicultural Interests by Western Australian Premier Colin Barnett.
His first budget at Treasurer is being delivered in May 2014.
- "13 November 2008". Mike Nahan, Member for Riverton. Parliamentary Debates (Hansard) (Western Australia: Legislative Assembly): 35.
- "About Mike Nahan". mikenahan.com.au. Retrieved 3 May 2012.
- "People & associates - Mike Nahan". Institute of Public Affairs. Retrieved 3 May 2012.
- "Current Members - Hon. Dr Michael (Mike) Dennis Nahan MLA BEc, MS, PhD". Parliament of Western Australia. Retrieved 21 March 2013.
- Cabinet reshuffle: Nahan and Nalder the winners after resignation of Troy Buswell - Australian Broadcasting Corporation - 14 March 2014 - Retrieved 16 March 2014.
|Western Australian Legislative Assembly|
|Member for Riverton