|Member of the Minnesota House of Representatives
from the 38B district
January 6, 2009 – January 3, 2011
|Preceded by||Lynn Wardlow|
|Succeeded by||Doug Wardlow|
|Political party||Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party|
|Alma mater||Loras College
University of Iowa College of Law
Michael E. Obermueller (born 1973) is Minnesota lawyer and politician, a former member of the Minnesota House of Representatives. He represented District 38B in the southeastern Twin Cities metropolitan area from 2009 to 2011. In 2012 Obermueller was the Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party candidate for United States Congress in the second congressional district, challenging five-term incumbent John Kline; and is running again in 2014.
Early life, education and career
Raised on a dairy farm near Glenwood City, Wisconsin, Obermueller attended Loras College in Dubuque, Iowa, graduating magna cum laude in 1996 with a B.A. in Media and Public Address, with a Political Science emphasis. He went on to the University of Iowa College of Law in Iowa City, earning his J.D. With High Distinction in 2001. Between college and law school, he worked as Director of Campus Dining Services for Aramark Corporation at Mount Marty College in Yankton, South Dakota.
Obermueller was first elected in 2008, succeeding three-term incumbent Rep. Lynn Wardlow. He was unseated by Republican Doug Wardlow in the 2010 general election. He was a member of the House K-12 Education Policy and Oversight Committee, and also served on the Finance subcommittees for the Bioscience and Workforce Development Policy and Oversight Division, of which he was vice chair, the Energy Finance and Policy Division, and the Higher Education and Workforce Development Finance and Policy Division.
2012 U.S. House campaign
Participating in his local community, Obermueller is a member of the Dakota County Regional Chamber of Commerce and the Knights of Columbus, a board member for the Eagan Art Festival, and a volunteer coach for the Eagan Athletic Association.
- [Mitchell, Corey. "National Democrats turn attention to Kline-Obermueller race" Hot Dish Politics Minneapolis Star Tribune June 6, 2014]
- "Mike Obermueller for Minnesota State Representative 38B - Eagan". Obermueller4rep.org. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- "Project Vote Smart - Representative Mike Obermueller - Biography". Votesmart.org. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- "Minnesota Legislators Past & Present - Legislator Record - Obermueller, Mike". Leg.state.mn.us. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- "Mike Obermueller (DFL) 38B - Minnesota House of Representatives". House.leg.state.mn.us. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- Rep. Mike Obermueller official Minnesota Legislature site
- Mike Obermueller for U.S. Congress official campaign site
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- Financial information (federal office) at the Federal Election Commission
- Session Weekly Working to unite: Obermueller hopes to represent by connecting, Minnesota Legislature, January 23, 2009
- Mike Obermueller at Minnesota Legislators Past & Present
|This article about a Minnesota politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|