April 18, 1983 |
Lake Grove, New York
|May 5, 2008 for the St. Louis Cardinals|
Last MLB appearance
|June 26, 2008 for the St. Louis Cardinals|
|Earned run average||8.22|
St. Louis Cardinals
He was drafted in the 9th round of the 2004 MLB draft by the St. Louis Cardinals. He also was invited to spring training in 2007 and 2008. On November 20, 2007, Parisi was added to the Cardinals 40-man roster in order to keep him from being lost in the Rule 5 draft.
On May 4, 2008, Parisi was called up to the big-league club. Parisi made his MLB debut on May 5, 2008 at Coors Field against the Colorado Rockies. He pitched a scoreless inning of relief and his first career strikeout was against Matt Herges. He pitched in a total of 12 games for the Cardinals in 2008, with 2 starts. His ERA was 8.22 and he had 13 strikeouts and 15 walks.
On December 10, 2009, the Chicago Cubs selected Parisi from the Cardinals in the Rule 5 draft. He played in the Cubs minor league system of the Cubs in 2010 for the Tennessee Smokies and the Iowa Cubs. He was released by the Cubs on March 23, 2011.
Long Island Ducks
He signed with the Long Island Ducks shortly afterwards. For the Ducks he posted a 6-4 record while posting a 3.50 ERA. He was one of seven Ducks who were selected to the 2011 Atlantic League All-Star Game. His dominance lead to the eye-opening of scouts. During the middle of the 2011 season, he was picked up by the Los Angeles Dodgers and assigned to the Albuquerque Isotopes soon after.
Los Angeles Dodgers
His contract was purchased by the Los Angeles Dodgers on July 19, 2011 and he was assigned to the AAA Albuquerque Isotopes. He made 9 starts for Albuquerque, with a 6-2 record and 5.20 ERA. In 2012 he also made 9 starts for the Isotopes and was 1-1 with a 2.72 ERA. He left a game on May 28 due to shoulder pain and spent the rest of the season on the disabled list.
- Parisi hails from Sachem
- Parisi called up
- "Cardinals outright Parisi to Minors". MLB.com. 2008-11-21. Retrieved 2008-11-24.
- Mian, Rashed. Patch http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/07/19/long-island-ducks-pitcher-mike-parisi-to-join-dodgers-organization/. Retrieved 19 July 2011. Missing or empty
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Sachem.Patch.com feature about Parisi and his Sachem roots
- Daily Record article
- Manhattan College article on his signing with the Cardinals
- Baseball Prospectus stats and predictions
- Parisi player profile at Scout.com