Mike Parker (writer)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015)|
He was the co-author of the Rough Guide to Wales, and has also written books on four British cities, and on the gay scenes of Scotland, Ireland and Northern England. In addition, Parker has worked as a stand-up comedian.
After moving to Wales in spring 2000, he became involved in television, writing and presenting a one-off Saint David's Day special for HTV Wales in 2002. This led to him being commissioned to write and present two series of Coast to Coast, where Parker took twelve journeys in different boats around the Welsh coast. He made three series of Great Welsh Roads for HTV Wales, which saw Parker and his dog tour the country in a camper van.
- Coast to Coast, Gwasg Carreg Gwalch, March 2004.
- Neighbours from Hell? English Attitudes to the Welsh, Y Lolfa, February 2007. ISBN 978-0862436117
- Map Addict: A Tale of Obsession, Fudge & the Ordnance Survey, Collins, April 2009. ISBN 978-0007351572
- The Wild Rover, Collins, March 2010. ISBN 978-0007372669
- Real Powys, Real Wales series, Seren, November 2011. ISBN 978-1854115539
- Mapping the Roads, Automobile Association, October 2013. ISBN 978-0749574352
In June 2013, Parker was chosen to be Plaid Cymru candidate for Ceredigion. In the United Kingdom general election, 2015 he failed to defeat Liberal Democrat MP Mark Williams in a target seat for Plaid Cymru.