Mike Parker (writer)
He is the co-author of all five editions of the bestselling Rough Guide to Wales, and has also written books on four British cities, and on the gay scenes of Scotland, Ireland and Northern England. In addition, Parker has worked as a stand-up comedian.
After moving to Wales in spring 2000, he became involved in television, writing and presenting a one-off Saint David's Day special for HTV Wales in 2002. This led to him being commissioned to write and present two series of Coast to Coast, where Mike took twelve journeys in different boats around the Welsh coast. He has since returned to dry land to make three series of the popular Great Welsh Roads for HTV Wales, which sees Mike and his dog Patsy tour the country in his camper van.
- Coast to Coast, Gwasg Carreg Gwalch, March 2004
- Neighbours from Hell? English Attitudes to the Welsh, Y Lolfa, February 2007
- Map Addict: A Tale of Obsession, Fudge & the Ordnance Survey, Collins, April 2009
- 'The Wild Rover, Collins, March 2010
- Real Powys, Real Wales series, Seren, November 2011
- Mapping the Roads, Automobile Association, October 2013