Mike Petersen (politician)
|Member of the Kansas Senate
from the 28th district
An industrial electrician from Wichita, he is married to Shelby Petersen.
Committee assignments 
Petersen serves on these legislative committees:
- Utilities (Vice-Chair)
- Joint Committee on Information Technology (Vice-Chair)
- Special Committee on KAN-ED Study Commission
- Special Committee on Redistricting
Major donors 
Some of the top contributors to Mike Petersen's 2008 campaign, according to the National Institute on Money in State Politics were the Kansas Republican Senatorial Committee, Fourth District Republican Committee, Kansas Credit Union Association, Koch Industries, and the Kansas Chamber of Commerce. Political parties were his largest donor groups.
Petersen was unopposed in the 2012 Republican primary, winnig 2,632 votes. He defeated Democratic nominee Keith Humphrey by a margin of 9,853 to 7,957 in the general election — a 52.7- to 47.3-percent margin. Humphrey had been unopposed in the Democratic primary, winning 980 votes.
- Profile of Mike Petersen, Kansas Legislature
- Mike Petersen 2008 campaign contributions
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 Primary (official)," retrieved March 11, 2013.
- Kansas Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Kansas Senate
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Follow the Money campaign contributions
|This article about a Kansas politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|