The Mediocre Show
||This article may contain original research. (April 2012)|
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012)|
|Genre||Hot talk, Comedy, "Fake" Talk Radio|
|Running time||2.5 hours, Wednesdays, 8 PM eastern|
|Home station||Mediocre Radio Network|
The Lady Tomorrow
|Air dates||since 2005|
|No. of episodes||440|
|Opening theme||"Midwestern Rube" by Top Dead Celebrity|
The Mediocre Show is an independent American fake talk radio broadcast, created by Eric Tomorrow, since 2005. It has a network of family, personal friends, and listeners on whom Eric relies for content via regular appearances on the show.
Currently the hosts are Tha Mike Pilot, The Lady Tomorrow and Eric Tomorrow. The show is broadcast live for about two hours at mediocreradionetwork.com on Wednesdays at 8 pm EST. Since its inception, the show has had over two million downloads, in over 120 countries. Listeners can subscribe to the podcast through the iTunes Store or at the show's website. The podcast is currently on the first page of Comedy Audio Podcasts in the iTunes Store and has been listed both there and the Comedy Top 100 since 2006.
Explicit language and mature topics are common. The two-hour (average) program has several recurring features, including dating/relationship counseling by Hope (The Lady Tomorrow), discussions, toasts, cable dating, love/hates, MySpace music selections.
During the live broadcast, listeners are invited to call in to the live line or leave voicemails. The show also maintains forums on its website and a Facebook page. Listeners are able to financially support the show via the Scorpions of Support program. While "donation" requests tend to elicit controversy, Eric addressed this via the following:
'The Mediocre Show will ALWAYS BE FREE to the listeners. I, Eric Tomorrow, promise you that. This subscription is for people who wish to help out the show with some of the monthly costs associated with doing the Mediocre Show. This is not something that is required, and if you choose to not use the subscription service, you will not miss out on the show."
The Mediocre Show started in the late summer of 2005, as a way for Eric Tomorrow to promote his upstart BMX clothing line, Mediocre Clothing. After recording the first episode by himself with Apple GarageBand, Eric decided he needed a full-time co-host, so asked his friend Taylor Ramsauer to join him for episode 3. The partnership continued through episode 107 after which Taylor left the show to tour with bands such as Napalm Death and 36 Crazyfists. Following his departure Matt Kittensparks joined the show after being on a few episodes as a guest.
In episode 216, Eric brought a faux radio consultant on the show to find ways to improve the listener base of the show, as well as quality. Over the course of episodes 216 and 217, Matt removed himself from the show, citing privacy-related concerns. Eric continued doing a few episode with random guests, including The Lady Tomorrow, Travis, Nate the Beard, and Tha Mike (a.k.a. Mike Pilot). When Mike hosted, Eric offered him the open co-host chair. Having just left his former podcast, The Awful Show, Mike accepted the position.
As part of Mike's agreement in joining the show, Hope (a.k.a. The Lady Tomorrow) was given her own segment on the show, known as the News Segment. After this was dropped, she was given a new segment in episode 291, called "There's Always Hope" in which Eric, Mike, and Hope give members of The Nation advice on problems and queries sent into the show.
Current and former hosts 
The hosts, all of whom are pseudonyms, include:
|2005 to Present||Eric Tomorrow|
|2007 to Present||Hope "The Lady" Tomorrow|
|2009 to Present||Mike Pilot|
|2005 to 2007||Taylor Ramsauer|
|2007 to 2009||Matt Kittensparks|
Notable interviews 
The Mediocre show has interviewed several notable comedians including:
- 12/6/2007 Dave Attell
- 4/10/2008 Robert Kelly (comedian)
- 7/31/2008 Marcus (comedian) from Last Comic Standing 6:
Media exposure 
- The Mediocre show were guests on X96's "Radio from Hell" terrestrial radio program on Monday March 21 in the 7 am hour. Radio from Hell with Kerry Jackson, Bill Allred, and Gina Barberi.
- In an effort to monetize their efforts and gain wider exposure, Eric and Taylor hosted a 2 hour show on Maxim Radio, a SIRIUS Satellite Radio channel (Channel 108) in 2006.
- Interviewed for the Salt Lake City Weekly 
- Press release when The Mediocre show joined Cringe Humor Radio:
- Interview with The Mediocre Show was published in "W Weekly newspaper in Lexington, Kentucky in 2006.
- Article describing The Mediocre Show's early history was posted on www.johnnybrickhouse.com in July 2006.
- "Scorpion of Support info page".
- "Mediocre Show in MAXIM Magazine! - PCA Forum". Podcastalley.com. Retrieved 2009-09-22.
- "The Mediocre Show". The Mediocre Show. Retrieved 2009-09-22.
- "The Mediocre Show". Cityweekly.net. Retrieved 2009-09-22.
- "The Mediocre Show « Fine Filter". Finefilter.wordpress.com. 2008-09-05. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- "Writings-Johnny Brickhouse « Johnny Brickhouse". johnnybrickhouse.com. 2006-07-20. Retrieved 2009-09-24.