Michael "Mike" Rosen (born December 5, 1944) is an American radio personality and political commentator. He is the host of The Mike Rosen Show on talk radio station 850 KOA in Denver, Colorado, as well as a weekly opinion columnist for The Denver Post and previously a weekly opinion columnist for the Rocky Mountain News. Rosen has described himself as an "advocate for generally right-center, mainstream conservative ideas."
The Mike Rosen Show
Mike Rosen is a self-described conservative political commentator and longtime host of The Mike Rosen Show, a political talk radio show on 850 KOA, broadcasting out of Denver, Colorado, where he holds the weekday 1 p.m.-3 p.m. time slot. Rosen had previously occupied the 9 a.m.-12 p.m. time slot for over 25 years, but moved to afternoons (and lost one hour) starting on January 6, 2014. The change was made in order for KOA to air The Rush Limbaugh Show live from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Prior to the time change, The Rush Limbaugh Show was recorded and aired from 12 p.m.-3 p.m.
The Governor of Colorado and the Mayor of Denver come on as guests to The Mike Rosen Show on a monthly basis to discuss current issues and to answer listeners' questions. Other prominent guests to have come on The Mike Rosen Show include John McCain and Condoleezza Rice.
Mike Rosen has appeared on the Talkers Magazine "Heavy Hundred" list of the most important U.S. radio talk show hosts. In 2009 Rosen appeared as number 82 on the list and in 2010 as number 86.
Newspaper columns and other commentary
Starting March 6, 2009, Rosen writes a weekly column for The Denver Post. Prior to moving to The Denver Post, Rosen wrote a weekly column for the Rocky Mountain News until that newspaper's final issue in February 2009.
He is also contributing political commentary to other outlets, including RealClearPolitics.
Rosen wrote a May 31, 2012 column for The Denver Post, under the headline "Mike Coffman was right about Obama in the first place," strongly agreeing with a speech given by Mike Coffman. In that speech, Coffman questioned the birth certificate of President Barack Obama and asserted that Obama was not loyal to the United States. Rosen dismissed Coffman's later apology  as a "pragmatic" election-year maneuver.
Rosen was born in Brooklyn, New York, on December 5, 1944. He grew up in New York and has lived in Colorado for more than 30 years. He earned an MBA degree from the University of Denver and has worked as a corporate finance executive at Samsonite and Beatrice Foods. A veteran of the U.S. Army, Rosen served as Special Assistant for Financial Management to the Assistant Secretary of the Navy at The Pentagon. He is divorced and has two grown children.
On February 2, 2009 it was reported that Rosen had lost a "seven-figure sum" of his retirement savings from investing with Agile Group, a Boulder, Colorado investment firm that Rosen had run ads for on the air, and that unknown to Rosen at the time was acting as a feeder fund for Bernard Madoff. Rosen devoted the first full hour of his February 3, 2009 radio show to this topic.
- The Mike Rosen Show, 850 KOA, December 22, 2008 (10 a.m. hour)
- The Mike Rosen Show website, 850 KOA (accessed August 24, 2008)
- Rosen, Mike: Permanent state of entitlement?, The Denver Post, March 6, 2009
- Mike Rosen, Rocky Mountain News (accessed August 24, 2008)
- Rosen, Mike: "ROSEN: Watchdogs or lapdogs?", opinion column in the Rocky Mountain News, November 21, 2008
- The Mike Rosen Show, 850 KOA, December 19, 2013 (10 a.m. hour)
- Transcript from The Rush Limbaugh Show, The Rush Limbaugh Show, February 18, 2005 (accessed August 24, 2008)
- Osher, Christopher N.: ""Anthem" singer draws sharp notes", The Denver Post, July 3, 2008 (accessed August 24, 2008)
- Marcus, Peter: "Ritter weighs in", The Denver Daily News, July 3, 2008 (accessed August 24, 2008)
- John McCain on The Mike Rosen Show, 850 KOA (accessed August 24, 2008)
- Transcript of interview with Condoleezza Rice, U.S. Department of State, September 12, 2007 (released September 13, 2007) (accesses August 24, 2008)
- 2009 Talkers' 250 featuring the Heavy Hundred - The 100 Most Important Radio Talk Show Hosts In America, Talkers Magazine (accessed April 15, 2010)
- 2010 Talkers' 250 featuring the Heavy Hundred - The 100 Most Important Radio Talk Show Hosts In America, Talkers Magazine (accessed April 15, 2010)
- Rosen, Mike: "Another Nutty Professor", RealClearPolitics, November 25, 2005 (accessed August 24, 2008)
- Clark, Kyle (16 May 2012). "Coffman Speech in Elbert County". Denver Post. Retrieved 2 June 2012.
- Southall, Ashley (24 May 2012). "Republicans Apologetic After Raising Issue of Obama’s Birthplace". The New York Times. Retrieved 25 May 2012.
- Rosen, Mike (31 May 2012). "Mike Coffman was right about Obama in the first place". Denver Post. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- Husted, Bill: Mike Rosen lights up on the Rocky, the Rockies, The Denver Post, March 5, 2009 (accessed March 10, 2009)
- Paton, James: Rosen 'upset' over loss, Rocky Mountain News, February 2, 2009 (accessed February 4, 2009)
- The Mike Rosen Show, 850 KOA, February 3, 2009 (9 a.m. hour)