Mike Schroepfer, November 2010
|Born||February 1, 1975|
|Residence||San Francisco Bay area|
|Occupation||CTO at Facebook|
Mike Schroepfer (born February 1, 1975) is an entrepreneur, technical architect and manager who is the CTO at Facebook since his appointment in March 2013. He was previously Vice President of Engineering in the same company since July 2008.
Schroepfer attended Spanish River Community High School in Palm Beach County, Florida, graduating in 1993. He holds a bachelor’s degree (1997) and a master’s degree (1999) in computer science from Stanford University.
He was Software Engineer at computer software company Puffin Designs from October 1997 to November 1999 when he became a partner in Reactivity, Inc., a computer software consulting practice.
Schroepfer founded the computer software company CenterRun in June 2000, becoming its Chief Architect and Director of Engineering. CenterRun was acquired by Sun Microsystems in November 2003. After the take over he became the Chief Technology Officer for Sun's data center automation division (“N1”). Schroepfer was the Vice President of engineering at Mozilla Corporation from July 2005 to August 2008, where he led the development of the Firefox web browser.
He became director of engineering at Facebook in July 2008. In 2008 he was listed as number 20 in the 25 Most Influential People in Mobile Technology by Laptopmag.com. In 2010 Fortune listed him and two colleagues at Facebooks technical branch as joint number 27 in their list of the 40 top entrepreneurs under forty.
- LAPTOP Staff (May 27, 2008). "Mike Schroepfer - 25 Most Influential People in Mobile Technology". Laptopmag.com.
- , Feb 6th, 2012 http://www.facebook.com/schrep Check date values in:
|date=(help); Missing or empty
- Geron, Tomio. "Facebook Names Mike Schroepfer CTO". Forbes.com. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- "Mike Schroepfer". Crunchbase.com. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- Schroepfer's own Facebook page
- "Mike Schroepfer". Crunchbase. 2010. Retrieved 2011-01-09.
- "Mike Schroepfer, Facebook VP of Engineering". Science Gallery. Trinity College, Dublin. 2010-11-15. Retrieved 2011-01-09.
- "Mike Schroepfer". Linkedin. Retrieved 2011-01-09.
- "'Vice President of Engineering at Facebook". Anita Borg Institute for Women and Technology. 2008.
- Claburn, Thomas (July 28, 2008). "Facebook Hires Mozilla Engineering VP Mike Schroepfer". InformationWeek. Retrieved 9 January 2011.
- Staff (2010). "40 Top Entrepreneurs Under Forty 2010". Ranker.com. Fortune magazine. Retrieved 10 January 2011.
- Facebook page
- Twitter page
- Interview with Mike Schroepfer on a visit to Cambridge University, UK Anglia TV, Nov 19, 2010, Accessed Jan 2011 . Mike Schroepfer explains the role he plays within Facebook’s development and delivery and shares his ideas of the future.
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|