|Genres||Christian rock, CCM|
|Past members||Seth Jones
Mikeschair (stylized as MIKESCHAIR) is an American contemporary Christian band signed to Curb Records. The group has charted on the American Contemporary Christian music charts with the song "Can't Take Away", which was the seventh most played Contemporary Christian music song in the United States for the week of June 13, 2009 as reported on the R&R magazine chart. Their single "Let The Waters Rise" was number 8 on Billboard's Hot Christian Songs chart for the week of January 23, 2010.
The band originated in Mike Grayson's dormitory room at Belmont University, within the first two weeks of their freshman year at the college. The band was named after Mike Grayson's chair in the frustration of deciding on a band name. The name stuck and the band still has the original Mike's Chair.
In 2010, MIKESCHAIR was nominated for four awards at the 41st Annual GMA Dove Awards: Song of the Year (Let the Waters Rise), Pop Contemporary Recorded Song (Let the Waters Rise), Rock Contemporary Recorded Song (Can't Take Away), and Pop Contemporary Album of the year for their self-titled debut.
In 2011, MIKESCHAIR received 4 nominations again at the 42nd Annual GMA Dove Awards, including for Group of the Year, Song of the Year (Let The Waters Rise), Pop Contemporary Song (Keep Changing the World) and Rock Contemporary Song (Straight To Your Heart).
In 2012, Mike from MIKESCHAIR was a speaker at the Gathering Place.
- Mike Grayson, lead singer, guitar
- Nate Onstott, drums
- Seth Penn, bass
- Kyle Schonewill, lead guitar
- Jesse Hale, keys and violin
- Otherside EP - (2006) independent
- Can't Take Away EP - (2009) Curb Records
- Mikeschair - (2009) Curb Records
- Let the Waters Rise EP - (2010) Curb Records
- A Beautiful Life - (2011) Curb Records
- It's Christmas EP - (2012) Curb Records
- Otherside - (2007) Curb Records
- Can't Take Away - (2009) Curb Records
- Let the Waters Rise - (2009) Curb Records - peaked at No. 9 on Billboard's Hot Christian Songs
- Keep Changing The World - (2010) Curb Records
- Straight To Your Heart - (2010) Curb Records
- Someone Worth Dying For - (2011) Curb Records
- All For You - (2012) Curb Records
- You Loved Me First - (2012) Curb Records
- Redemption Song - (2012) Curb Records
- All I Can Do (Thank You) - (2013) Curb Records
- "Let the Waters Rise" (2010)
- "Keep Changing the World" (2010)
- "Straight To Your Heart" (2011)
- "Someone Worth Dying For" (2011)
- "All For You" (2012)
- Json - "It's Alright feat Mikeschair" (2012)
The band formed a food collection charity called "mikestable" along with Food for the Hungry. They noticed hungry people gathering at a food pantry at a church near their apartment. The band was inspired to form the charity after realizing that there was hunger in their own neighborhood. Mikeschair invites fans attending their concerts to bring non-perishable food. They are also involved with other charities that usually have tables at performances. Mikeschair would request, and sometimes required, concert attendees to bring a can to each Mikeschair concert.
- "June 13, 2009 R&R Christian CHR chart". R&R magazine. 2009-06-13. Retrieved 2009-05-22.
- "New Artist Spotlight: Mikeschair". Crosswalk.com. Retrieved 2009-05-19.
- "Plumb discography". Jesus Freak Hideout. Retrieved 2009-05-13.
- "Mikeschair Invites Fans to mikestable". Yahoo! Finance. 2009-02-17. Retrieved 2009-05-12.
|This Christian music-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|