February 6, 1983 |
Westlake, Louisiana, United States
|NASCAR Nationwide Series career|
|Best finish||41st (2011)|
|First race||2010 Nashville 300 (Nashville)|
|Last race||2011 U.S. Cellular 250 (Iowa)|
|NASCAR Camping World Truck Series career|
|6 race(s) run over 1 year(s)|
|Best finish||39th (2009)|
|First race||2009 Kroger 250 (Martinsville)|
|Last race||2009 WinStar World Casino 350K (Texas)|
|Statistics current as of September 21, 2013.|
Mikey Kile (born February 6, 1983 in Westlake, Louisiana) is an American stock car racing driver. A veteran of Pro Cup Series and Automobile Racing Club of America (ARCA) competition, he currently competes in the ARCA Racing Series for Andy Belmont Racing, and in the NASCAR Nationwide Series for Turner Motorsports.
Kile was born in Westlake, Louisiana on February 6, 1983, and still resides there; he is a fourth-generation racing driver, with his father, grandfather, and great-grandfather all competing in various forms of motorsport. Kile graduated from Westlake High School in 2011, and is married, to Kasha, with one son.
Kile began his racing career at age eight, competing in kart racing events; he would winning national championships in World Karting Association and International Kart Federation competition during his karting career. Kile moved to stock car competition in 2005, competing in the USAR Pro Cup Series and the NASCAR AutoZone Elite Division, Southeast Series; his best Pro Cup season came in 2008, winning his first race in the series at Salem Speedway as well as the Northern Division Rookie of the Year award.
Kile moved up to NASCAR and ARCA competition in 2009, competing for Brad Keselowski Racing on a limited basis; running for Venturini Motorsports in the ARCA Re/MAX Series in 2010, he finished fifth in points, scoring his first career win at Michigan International Speedway. He also made his first career start in the NASCAR-sanctioned Nationwide Series in 2010, at Nashville Superspeedway for Braun Racing.
Kile competed on a limited basis in the Nationwide Series for Turner Motorsports in 2011, scoring a best finish of fifteenth at Nashville Superspeedway in July; he returns to the team for a limited schedule in 2012, as well as running the full 2012 ARCA Racing Series schedule for Andy Belmont Racing.
- Anderson, Roderick (July 18, 2010). "Mikey Kile: Life in the fast lane". Sulphur Daily News. Sulphur, Louisiana. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- "Drivers - Mikey Kile". Turner Motorsports. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- "Kile Joins Turner Motorsports". Motor Racing Network. March 26, 2011. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- Olson, Josh (June 11, 2010). "Mikey Kile uses late caution at Michigan International Speedway for first ARCA victory". Jackson Citizen Patriot. Jackson, Michigan. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- "Turner Motorsports Adds Mikey Kile". National Speed Sport News. March 16, 2011. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- "Mikey Kile Gets His Big Break". Fox News. March 25, 2010. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- "Mikey Kile Looks For Daytona Triumph". The Auto Channel. February 13, 2012. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- Mikey Kile driver statistics at Racing Reference