|Full name||Михаил Голубев|
May 30, 1970 |
|FIDE rating||2489 (May 2013)|
|Peak rating||2570 (January 1995)|
Chess career 
He played several times in Ukrainian Chess Championship, and shared first place (with Valery Neverov) at Yalta 1996 (declared winner on better tie-breaks). In 2008, he won the Odessa Region Open Championship.
Chess strength 
According to the website Chessmetrics, at his peak in January 1995 Golubev's play was equivalent to a rating of 2598, and he was ranked number 151 in the world. His best single performance was at Biel open, 1995, where he scored 4 of 6 possible points (67%) against 2605-rated opposition, for a performance rating of 2643.
According to the database Mega Database 2009, his best performances were Bethune 2002 (6,5 points on 7 possible and a 2768 performance), Karvina 1992–93 (8 points on 9 possible and a 2691 performance), Yalta 1996 (8,5 points on 11 possible and a 2663 performance) and Berlin 1993 (7 points on 9 possible and a 2662 performance).
Notable games 
- Vlatko Bogdanovski vs Mikhail Golubev, Skopje 1991, King's Indian Defense: Orthodox Variation (A46), 0-1
- Mikhail Golubev vs Renzo Mantovani, Biel Open 1992, Sicilian Defense: Fischer-Sozin Attack (B87), 1-0
- Mikhail Golubev vs Emil Sutovsky, Groningen GM open 1993, Sicilian Defense: Exchange Variation (B45), 1-0
- Mikhail Golubev vs Vladimir Podinic, Lasker Autumn GM 2001, Sicilian Defense: Paulsen (B48), 1-0
- Golubev, Mikhail (1999). Easy Guide to the Dragon. Everyman Chess. ISBN 978-1857442755.
- Golubev, Mikhail (2000). The Sicilian Sozin. Gambit Publications. ISBN 978-1901983388.
- Golubev, Mikhail (2006). Understanding the King's Indian. Gambit Publications. ISBN 1-904600-31-X.
- Mikhail Golubev's Chess Page
- Mikhail Golubev player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Mikhail Golubev at 365Chess.com
- Chessmetrics Player Profile: Mihail Golubev
- Rating data for Mikhail Golubev
- Mikhail Golubev - Products - New In Chess
- LatestChess - Interview with GM Mikhail Golubev
- The Chess Mind Player Profile Mikhail Golubev
- Featured Chess Author - GM Mikhail Golubev