Mila M. Jasey (born May 5, 1951) is an American Democratic Party politician from South Orange, who serves in the New Jersey General Assembly, where she represents the 27th Legislative District. Jasey was sworn into the Assembly on November 8, 2007, filling the seat that had been vacated by Mims Hackett on September 10, 2007.
Jasey serves in the Assembly on the Housing and Local Government Committee (as Vice-Chair), the Education Committee and the Joint Committee on the Public Schools.
Jasey was one of the lead authors of New Jersey's Interdistrict Public School Choice Program in 2010. Jasey was one of the authors of the New Jersey law that allows private schools in urban areas to convert to charters.
Jasey was a trustee of the South Orange-Maplewood School District Board of Education from 1999-2007. She graduated with a B.A. from Barnard College in History, and was awarded an M.S. from the Graduate School of Nursing at Pace University.
Each of the forty districts in the New Jersey Legislature has one representative in the New Jersey Senate and two members in the New Jersey General Assembly. The other representatives from the 27th District for the 2014-2015 Legislative Session are:
- Baldwin, Tom. "2 new lawmakers take oath, become Assembly members", Courier-Post, November 9, 2007. Accessed November 20, 2007. "Also sworn in Thursday was Mila Jasey, a nurse and former school board member from South Orange, who now represents the 27th District, part of Essex County."
- Assemblywoman Mila Jasey's legislative web page, New Jersey Legislature. Accessed April 15, 2008.
- Assembly, No. 355 State of New Jersey 214th Legislature, New Jersey General Assembly. Accessed March 28, 2014.
- Lehren, Marilyn Joyce. "In the Suburbs, Charter Schools Raise Concerns About Local Control", NJ Spotlight, January 9, 2012. Accessed March 28, 2014. "Jasey proposed legislation signed into law by Gov. Chris Christie that would allow conversion of private and parochial schools into charter schools."
- Legislative Roster 2014-2015 Session, New Jersey Legislature. Accessed March 28, 2014.
- Assemblywoman Mila Jasey's legislative web page, New Jersey Legislature
- New Jersey Legislature financial disclosure forms