|Origin||Brooklyn, New York, United States|
|Genres||Indie rock, Indie pop|
|Labels||Kill Rock Stars (US), Memphis Industries (UK/EU)|
|Past members||Eric Schwortz
Milagres are an indie rock band from Brooklyn, NY. The band was founded in 2010 and signed to the music label Kill Rock Stars in Spring of 2011. The band released their national debut, Glowing Mouth, in September 2011 and previously released an album, Seven Summits, independently in 2008, under a different name and lineup.
Kyle Wilson (lead vocals, guitar), Fraser McCulloch (bass, keys, backing vocals), and Eric Schwortz (guitar, backing vocals, percussion) met while attending New York University. Drummer Steven Leventhal had played in bands with Schwortz since high school. Keyboardist Chris Brazee knew McCulloch from high school, where they were in a band together. The band was on shaky ground when Wilson went on a mountain climbing expedition in 2010: he sustained a fall and back injury, and wrote many of the songs that would become a part of Glowing Mouth while bed ridden. Upon hearing the album, music label Kill Rock Stars signed the band without even seeing them.
Shortly after their release in September 2011, the band signed with U.K. based label Memphis Industries to release the album in the UK and EU territories. The band received national and international attention from Spin Magazine, National Public Radio, The Guardian, KEXP, and KCRW (amongst others). The band has also placed in the CMJ music charts and a significant number of Milagres songs have been played on several notable radio stations (such as BBC, KEXP, KCRW, The Current, and World Cafe Live).
In Spring of 2012, Paul CJ Payabyab joined the band as full-time drummer.
- In Fall of 2010 the band played at CMJ Music Festival
- The band performed at South by Southwest Music Festival in 2011 and 2012
- In Fall of 2011 the band went on a National Tour with Peter Wolf Crier and went on to the West Coast as a headlining act
- In Spring of 2012 the band went on a National Headlining Tour in the US and UK
- The band played at Primavera Festival, Bestival, amongst others
- Seven Summits (2008, Self Released)
- Glowing Mouth (2011, Kill Rock Stars (US), Memphis Industries (UK/EU))
- Violent Light (February 2014, Kill Rock Stars (US), Memphis Industries(UK/EU))