Milan Jovanović (footballer born 1983)
Jovanović standing over teammate Volkov playing for Montenegro in 2012
|Full name||Milan Jovanović|
|Date of birth||21 July 1983|
|Place of birth||Čačak, Serbia|
|Current club||Lokomotiv Sofia|
|2003||Radnički Novi Beograd||12||(0)|
|2012–2013||Red Star Belgrade||15||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14:46, 25 November 2012 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
- Not to be confused with Milan Jovanović, Serbian footballer, born 1981.
- Not to be confused with Milan Jovanović, Serbian footballer, born 1983.
Milan Jovanović (Cyrillic: Милан Јовановић; born 21 July 1983), also known locally as Mrva, is a Serbian-born Montenegrin footballer who currently plays for Lokomotiv Sofia in the Bulgarian A Professional Football Group. In international competition he has represented Montenegro.
Born in Čačak, SR Serbia, SFR Yugoslavia, Jovanović started playing football at a major local club, FK Borac Čačak. Before coming in 2003 at FC Vaslui, he also played for FK Mladost Lučani and FK Železnik. After one season at FC Vaslui, Jovanović was transferred to FC Universitatea Craiova. In 2005 he turned back in Serbia, and played for the second division team FK Radnički Niš. Unirea Urziceni was the team that brought Jovanović again to Romania in 2006. In 2007 the new promoted U Cluj, bought the Montenegrin footballer with 119.000 €. On 20 February 2009 Spartak Nalchik have signed the Montenegro international defender from Romanian club CFM Universitatea Cluj-Napoca. His contract with Spartak Nalchik has been canceled and at the end of March he arrived in Red Star Belgrade FC on trial. On 8 June 2009, he signed a 2-year-contract for Austria's record-champion Rapid Wien.
Red Star Belgrade
On the morning of 27 June 2012, Jovanović signed a 2-year-contract for Red Star Belgrade. After an impressive half season with Red Star, Jovanović was thrown out of the senior team because of partying with alcoholic beverages in Antalya, Turkey. In April 2013, after a second alcoholic beverage-related incident, Jovanović formally terminated his contract with Red Star Belgrade.
Despite being born in Serbia, Jovanović received a call from the Montenegro to play for its newly formed national team in 2007 and opted to play for Montenegro. On 12 October 2010, spectators were impressed when Jovanović shot a spectacular 30-meter ball which hit the goalpost in a 0–0 draw with England at Wembley Stadium.
- As of 25 November 2012
-  Sportal (Serbian): Milan Jovanović izbačen iz tima – zbog alkohola, a prekjuče bio "za primer"! 23 January 2013
-  Press Online (Serbian): Fudbaler Zvezde razbio auto košarkašu Zvezde i napao policajca! 13 April 2013
-  Telegraf – Sport (Serbian): DEFINITIVNO: Milan Jovanović više nije član Zvezde! 17 April 2013
-  BBC Sport – Football: England Montenegro 0–0. 12 October 2010
-  S Media (Serbian): Prečka na "Vembliju" se tresla od Zvezdinog novog štopera VIDEO – 12 October 2010
- Milan Jovanović – FIFA competition record
- Milan Jovanović at National-Football-Teams.com