||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (September 2008)|
|Operator||Turkish Government Airport Management|
|Elevation AMSL||21 ft / 6 m|
Milas–Bodrum Airport (IATA: BJV, ICAO: LTFE) is an international airport that serves the Turkish towns of Bodrum and Milas. The airport is situated 36 km northeast of the town of Bodrum, and 16 km south of Milas. A spacious new international terminal was completed in 2000.
The old terminal, now reserved for domestic flights, is 1 km away, a 15-minute walk across a grassy field. The terminals host about 2.5 million travellers per year, and are especially busy during the peak summer tourism months when charter flights arrive frequently from major cities in Europe. Original planning for this airport was done by the IEA Group in partnership with the Alarko Group in Istanbul and has a single concrete-surface runway 45m x 3000m long.
The second closest airport to Bodrum is Kos International Airport, 70 km to the SW, accessible by boats from Bodrum across a 20 km stretch of the Aegean sea.
A new terminal, designed to handle 5 million passengers a year, opened in June 2012 and operation of the airport was transferred to a private company who run the airport on behalf of the Turkish Government. The terminal itself is now large and spacious with additional seating and two outdoor smoking areas which can be accessed, from the departures lounge. Improvements were made to the check in area and the former international terminal was converted into a domestic terminal.
Airlines and destinations
|Corendon Dutch Airlines||Amsterdam|
|Pegasus Airlines||Ankara, Istanbul-Sabiha Gökçen|
|SunExpress Deutschland||Düsseldorf (begins 1 May 2015) |
|Turkish Airlines||Istanbul-Atatürk, Istanbul-Sabiha Gökçen|
operated by Anadolujet
|Year (months)||Domestic||% change||International||% change||Total||% change|
- Aer Lingus Charter flight
- "New routes for summer 2015". easyJet.
- "Jetairfly Flight Plan". Jetairfly.
- L, J (14 October 2014). "Lufthansa Adds New Weekend-only Service from Frankfurt in S15". Airline Route.
- "Turkish Airlines Adds New Geneva Routes July – Sep 2015". airlineroute.net.
- "Bulgaria Air Adds Bodrum Charter Schedule in S15". airlineroute.net. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- Bodrum Airport
- Accident history for BJV at Aviation Safety Network
- Airport information for LTFE at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- Current weather for LTFE at NOAA/NWS
- Airport information for LTFE at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.