Teller at the film premiere of Divergent on March 18, 2014
|Born||Miles Alexander Teller
February 20, 1987
Downingtown, Pennsylvania, U.S.
Miles Alexander Teller (born February 20, 1987) is an American actor and musician. For his performance in the film The Spectacular Now, he won the Dramatic Special Jury Award for Acting at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival. He has appeared in the films Rabbit Hole (2010), Footloose (2011), Project X (2012), That Awkward Moment (2014), Divergent (2014), Two Night Stand (2014), Whiplash (2014), and Fantastic 4 (2015).
Teller was born in Downingtown, Pennsylvania, the son of Merry (née Flowers), a real estate agent, and Mike Teller, a nuclear plant engineer. His parents are from Carneys Point, New Jersey. He has two older sisters. His paternal grandfather was of Russian Jewish descent, while his other ancestry is English, Irish, Polish, and French.
He lived in several places as a child, because of his father's career, spending time in Citrus County, Florida, after moving from Cape May, New Jersey. In high school, Teller played the saxophone, was a drummer for a church youth group band, and was president of the drama club. He earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts from Tisch School of the Arts at New York University.
He was in a near-fatal car accident in 2007, leaving him with multiple scars on his face and neck. 
Before making his feature film debut Teller appeared in many short films. He made his debut in 2010's Rabbit Hole. Teller appeared in the stage musical Footloose in high school. Years later, he was cast in the film remake of Footloose starring Kenny Wormald, in which he played the same character as in his high school musical.
In 2013, he starred in 21 & Over, written and directed by Jon Lucas and Scott Moore. That year, he began reaching critical success after starring in the James Ponsoldt film, The Spectacular Now, for which he won the Dramatic Special Jury Award for Acting at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival, with co-star Shailene Woodley.
In 2013, he appeared in an in-depth interview and photo shoot in Hero magazine. In 2014, he co-starred in the comedy That Awkward Moment, alongside Zac Efron and Michael B. Jordan, appeared in the science fiction film Divergent, co-starring again with Shailene Woodley, and starred as a drummer in the well-reviewed drama Whiplash, which premiered at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival and opened in theaters in October 2014.
In January 2014, Teller was cast to portray Dan Aykroyd in Steven Conrad's untitled John Belushi biopic. In February 2014, he was cast in a new film version of the Fantastic Four as Mister Fantastic.
Teller is dating model Keleigh Sperry.
|2007||A Very Specific Recipe||Lee||Short film|
|2008||The Musicians||Miguel||Short film|
|2009||The Unusuals||James Boorland||TV series (Episode: "Boorland Day")|
|2010||The Track Meet||Andrew||Short film|
|2013||21 & Over||Miller|
|2013||The Spectacular Now||Sutter Keeley|
|2014||That Awkward Moment||Daniel|
|2014||Whiplash||Andrew Neiman||Nominated—Gotham Independent Film Award for Best Actor|
|2014||Two Night Stand||Alec|
|2015||Get a Job||Will Davis|
|2015||Fantastic Four||Reed Richards / Mr. Fantastic||Post-production|
|2015||The Divergent Series: Insurgent||Peter||Post-production|
|2015||Bleed for This||Vinny Pazienza||Filming|
|2017||Fantastic Four||Reed Richards / Mr. Fantastic||Post-Production|
Awards and nominations
|2013||Sundance Film Festival||Sundance Film Festival Special Jury Prize for Dramatic Acting||The Spectacular Now||Won|
|2013||Alliance of Women Film Journalists||Alliance of Women Journalists Award for Best Depiction of Nudity, Sexuality, or Seduction||The Spectacular Now||Nominated|
|2013||Indiana Film Critics Association||Indiana Film Critics Association Award for Best Actor||The Spectacular Now||Nominated|
|2014||MTV Movie Awards||MTV Movie Award for Best Kiss (shared with Shailene Woodley)||The Spectacular Now||Nominated|
|2014||MTV Movie Awards||MTV Movie Award for Best Breakthrough Performance||The Spectacular Now||Nominated|
|2014||Gotham Independent Film Awards||Gotham Independent Film Award for Best Actor||Whiplash||Nominated|
|2015||BAFTA||BAFTA's Rising Star||Pending|
|2015||Satellite Awards||Satellite Award for Best Actor||Whiplash||Pending|
- "Miles Alexander Teller Voting Record". Find The Data. Florida Department of State. Retrieved January 19, 2014.
- "Miles Teller on Twitter". Twitter.
- "Miles Teller on his Breakout ‘Whiplash’ Role and Blushing for Nicole Kidman". Variety.
- Swanson, Carl. "Miles Teller on Awkward, Fame, and Efron". Vulture. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- "Rabbit Hole presskit" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-04-23.
- Michael Williams/Today's Sunbeam (2011-11-01). "Man with local ties on ABC show Wednesday". NJ.com. Retrieved 2012-04-23.
- Greco, Patti (August 27, 2013). "Miles Teller on The Spectacular Now, Moonwalking, and the Divergent–Hunger Games Comparisons". Vulture.cocm. Retrieved December 10, 2013.
- Miller, Gerri. "Hollywood Now: That Awkward Moment, Labor Day, Somewhere Slow". InterfaithFamily. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- follers (1987-02-20). "Miles Teller profile at". Ethnicelebs.com. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- Dailey, Jennifer (April 14, 2009). Man with local ties on ABC show Wednesday, NJ.com; accessed March 17, 2014.
- Connor, Katie L. (August 30, 2013). "Unexpected Crush Alert: Miles Teller". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved December 10, 2013.
- Kaufman, Amy (December 28, 2010). For Miles Teller, a role that was almost too real, Los Angeles Times; accessed March 17, 2014.
- "For Miles Teller, a role that was almost too real". Los Angeles Times.
- Yamato, Jen (November 8, 2010). Miles Teller on Rabbit Hole, Nicole Kidman and Cutting Footloose. Movieline
- Durbin, Jonathan (2011). Miles Teller. Interview
- Weinstein, Joshua L. (May 26, 2011). Miles Teller Joins Relativity's '21 and Over.' The Wrap
- Hynes, Eric; Jeremy Kinser; Nate von Zumwalt (January 26, 2013). "2013 Sundance Film Festival Awards Updates". Sundance Film Festival. Sundance Institute. Retrieved January 18, 2014.
- "HERO — HERO 9: Suburban Heat (English)".
- Gilchrist, Todd (November 6, 2013). "'Divergent' Star Miles Teller Had Fun Being A Jerk To Shailene Woodley". Forbes. Forbes publishing. Retrieved January 19, 2014.
- Gleiberman, Owen (January 17, 2014). "Sundance: 'Whiplash' is the movie that could make Miles Teller a star". Entertainment Weekly. CNN. Retrieved January 18, 2014.
- Kit, Borys (January 18, 2014). "Miles Teller to Play Dan Aykroyd in Belushi Biopic, Says Star Emile Hirsch". The Hollywood Reporter. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved January 19, 2014.
- Kroll, Justin (February 19, 2014). "‘Fantastic Four’ Cast Revealed". Variety. Retrieved February 20, 2014.
- "‘What’s the Deal?’: Jeff Sneider on ‘Fantastic Four’ Casting, Fan Expectations (Video)". The Wrap. 21 February 2014.
- "Miles Teller (center) with his mother, grandmother and girlfriend Keleigh Sperry attend the Los Angeles Premiere of 'That Awkward Moment' Premiere, on Monday, January, 27, 2014 in Los Angeles. (Photo by Todd Williamson/Invision/AP)".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Miles Teller.|