Miles to Go
||To meet Wikipedia's quality standards, this book-related article may require cleanup. (September 2010)|
Cover of Miles to Go
|Author||Miley Cyrus with Hilary Liftin|
|Cover artist||Miley Cyrus|
|March 3, 2009|
|Media type||Print (Hardcover)|
|LC Class||ML3930.C98 A3 2009|
Miles to Go is an autobiography by Miley Cyrus, co-written by Hilary Liftin and published by Disney Hyperion in March 2009. The memoir discusses Cyrus' relationship with her parents, her thoughts on the media, her love life, her future ambitions and milestones she still has to reach in her life. Miles to Go reached #1 on the New York Times children’s best seller list. A second edition to the book was released in Australia in December 2009 and in the UK on 1 March 2010.[dated info]
Miles to Go has sold more than 2 million copies, selling over 1,000 copies the first day of its release. On a Today Show interview in April 2009, Cyrus said, "In my book, I want readers to feel what I feel; the emotion and power. I've explained how things went through in my life and how I've done it all. I just don't want my fans to come up to me and say all these things saying that famous is the best thing in the world. The popularity is pretty high and I want readers to understand that it is not that way about being a celebrity and not read it all for nothing." The book was listed on the Bestsellers chart[clarification needed] at #78 out of 100.
The book, in which Cyrus writes about how she is an ordinary girl living her dream life, includes stories, poems, songs, photos and quotations from the Bible.
Six more editions of the book have been released since its first release in March 2009.
A passage out of the autobiography was noted by the New York Post, as follows "I would never smoke, I always say that for me, smoking would be like smashing my guitar and expecting it to play... I'd never do that to my voice, not to mention the rest of my body" in contrast to her smoking habits which she took up sometime in December 2010.
|Language||Country||Publisher(s) and distributor(s)||Translator(s)||Title(s)|
Hannah Montana e Eu
La Vida Por Delante
|4.||Vietnamese||Vietnam||Literature Publishing House
and Nhã Nam Culture and Communications JSC
Những dặm đường tôi đi - Tự truyện của Hannah Montana
- Italie, Hillel (February 23, 2009). "Miley Cyrus becomes author with upcoming memoir". Seattle Times/Associated Press. Retrieved 2009-03-24.
- Cyrus, Miley; Liftin,Hilary (March 2009). Miles to Go. Disney/Hyperion Books. ISBN 1-4231-1992-4.
- "Miles to Go- First Ever Book from Superstar Miley Cyrus – is a #1 Best Seller" (Press release). Business Wire. 2009-03-23. Retrieved 2009-03-23.
- "Smoking hot: Miley Cyrus lights up the lake (and a cigarette) in a revealing bikini which shows off her slender figure". Daily Mail. August 2, 2011. Retrieved November 30, 2011.
- "La Vida Por Delante= Miles to Go (Spanish) (Hardcover)".
|This article about a biographical or autobiographical book on musicians is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|