Milford Township, Defiance County, Ohio
|Milford Township, Defiance County, Ohio|
|• Total||35.4 sq mi (91.7 km2)|
|• Land||35.4 sq mi (91.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||863 ft (263 m)|
|• Density||28.7/sq mi (11.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086036|
Located in the northwestern corner of the county along the Indiana line, it borders the following townships:
- St. Joseph Township, Williams County - north
- Center Township, Williams County - northeast corner
- Farmer Township - east
- Mark Township - southeast corner
- Hicksville Township - south
- Newville Township, DeKalb County, Indiana - southwest
- Stafford Township, DeKalb County, Indiana - west
No municipalities are located in Milford Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- census, Defiance County. Accessed 2007-04-21
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- DeLorme. Ohio Atlas & Gazetteer. 7th ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2004, p. 34. ISBN 0-89933-281-1.