|Labels||12rec. Records, Valeot Records|
|Members||Jens Reichelt (Drums)
Johannes Zagermann (Bass)
Christoph Freudenberg (Guitar)
Andreas Fanter (Guitar)
Milhaven are a 4-piece post-rock band from Bochum, Germany, on the label 12rec.. Their sound has been compared to that of various post-rock bands, most notably Godspeed You! Black Emperor, whom the band has quoted as an influence. According to the band's biography, their title roots from the name of a German town with significance to their parents. The band has toured with notable acts such as Caspian and Boris.
Strawberry Alarm Clock and Kraftwerk
As the band Strawberry Alarm Clock began breaking up, many members moved to Germany where they met local band Kraftwerk. The two bands became close, and their children lived their childhoods together as good friends. With the intentions of a new musical path, the offspring of the two bands formed Milhaven,.
Bars Closing Down and I.M. Wagner EP
Beginning first with practice and then moving toward shows, the band received attention from Sven Swift, an experimental German producer, who led the band to record their debut Bars Closing Down on the label 12rec., on February 4, 2005. According to band's website, the album received the most downloads out of all the label's catalog.
Having given their label positive attention, they were given new equipment and the use of a 10-track hard-drive recorder, with which they utilized to record their latest release, I.M. Wagner EP, in early 2006. The 4-track EP was put out on November 2, 2006 to generally positive acclaim. Their discography can be downloaded for free on the Creative Commons License on archive.org. Milhaven have been touring with Caspian.
In 2010, the band released another full-length album on Austrian-based Valeot Records in a special packaging designed and hand-crafted by the band. The album is also available as a digital download commercially on 12rec, or for free on the band's Bandcamp page. The album cover bears no name, although the band's homepage implies the album to be referred to as Selftitled. In June 2011, Milhaven supported Amplifier and dredg in a concert in Dortmund, Germany.
- Bars Closing Down (February 4, 2005)
- I.M. Wagner (November 2, 2006)
- Milhaven (February 17, 2010)
- Automata EP (January 17, 2012)
- "We Talk, We Die (New Years Edit)", on Keepin' It Real In 2005, a 12Rec. Sampler.
- "Cold Stars (Live At AZ/Muelheim)", on Like U Don't Care, released in 2005.
- "Look, Victory!" & "Drink A Pint of Blood a Day" on Bokham City Rocks Vol. II a compilation by Bokham City Rocks.
- "Oh, Great Pacific" on By Perseverance The Snail Reached Art, a compilation by Openmusiccontest.org.
- "Clean Room" on Share It. Spread It. Love IT., a compilation by Metawelle.net.
- Official MySpace, myspace.com/milhaven, contains band-posted info., retrieved 19 June 2008.
- Milhaven Concerts Page, milhaven.org/concertsM.htm, contains past and future shows, retrieved 19 June 2008.
- Milhaven About Page, milhaven.org/, band information, retrieved 19 June 2008.
- Sven Swift's MySpace, myspace.com/svenswift, artist's page, retrieved 19 June 2008.
- I.M.Wagner EP, 12rec.net, info from label, retrieved 19 June 2008.
- Last.fm of Milhaven, last.fm/music/Milhaven, music listen-age, retrieved 19 June 2008.
- Leonard's Lair Review of I.M. Wagner EP, retrieved 19 June 2008.
- Valeot Records' album page
- Selftitled album page on milhave.org
- Promoter's announcement of Milhaven supporting Dredg and Amplifier
- Release page