|Owner||Military Advantage, a division of Monster Worldwide|
|Created by||Christopher Michel|
Military.com is a web portal for U.S. military members. In 2013 it claims to be "the largest military and veteran membership organization — 10 million members strong."
The site is owned by Military Advantage Inc, a division of Monster Worldwide since 2004. Military Advantage's advisory board includes two former members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, as well as other academic and business leaders. President of Military.com, Admiral Terry "T" McCreary served as the Chief of Naval Information (CHINFO) on the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The company's main revenue streams are advertising, military-themed products and lead generation for military recruiters.
Military.com is owned by Military Advantage, a division of Monster Worldwide since Monster acquired it in 2004 for around $39.5m. In 2004 Military Advantage took over defensetech.org, and in 2006 it took over milblogging.com.
- Military.com About Us
- military.com, Press Center
- BusinessWeek, Christopher P. Michel
- Monster Worldwide, 16 March 2004, Monster Worldwide Announces Strategic Interactive Acquisition; Acquires Military Advantage, Inc. to Drive Growth and Expansion in United States Government Sector
- military.com, 10 November 2004, DEFENSE TECH BLOG JOINS MILITARY ADVANTAGE -- MILITARY.COM
- Mike Spector, Wall Street Journal, 26 July 2006, Cry Bias, and Let Slip the Blogs of War
|This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|