|Owner||Military Advantage, a division of Monster Worldwide|
Military.com is a website for U.S. military members. In 2014 it claims to be "the largest military and veteran membership organization — 10 million members strong."
The site is owned by Military Advantage Inc, a division of Monster Worldwide since 2004. Military Advantage's advisory board includes two former members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, as well as other academic and business leaders. The company's main revenue streams are advertising, military-themed products and lead generation for military recruiters.
The website was founded by Christopher Michel in 1999 and went live in 2000. By 2003 it had around 3m members and revenues of $7.5m. Military.com also owns kitup.military.com, Defensetech.org, Milblogging.com, DoDBuzz.com and MilitaryBenefits.com.
Military.com is owned by Military Advantage, a division of Monster Worldwide since Monster acquired it in 2004 for around $39.5m. In 2004 Military Advantage took over defensetech.org, and in 2006 it took over milblogging.com.
In 2014, Greg Smith became president of Military.com and a vice-president at Monster. Smith retired from the Navy as an admiral in 2011; among other jobs, he served as head of public affairs for U.S. operations in Iraq.
- Military.com About Us
- BusinessWeek, Christopher P. Michel
- Monster Worldwide, 16 March 2004, Monster Worldwide Announces Strategic Interactive Acquisition; Acquires Military Advantage, Inc. to Drive Growth and Expansion in United States Government Sector
- military.com, 10 November 2004, DEFENSE TECH BLOG JOINS MILITARY ADVANTAGE -- MILITARY.COM
- Mike Spector, Wall Street Journal, 26 July 2006, Cry Bias, and Let Slip the Blogs of War
- http://www.monster.com/about/a/militarycom-names-former-navy-admiral-president. Retrieved April 20, 2015. Missing or empty
|This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|