Military Appreciation Day
Military Appreciation Day is any event intended to express appreciation for men and women currently (and sometimes formerly) in military service. A particular "Military Appreciation Day" is a date selected for convenience, typically but not necessarily approximate to Veterans Day or Memorial Day.
The NHL's New York Islanders first instituted a "Military Appreciation Day" in 2007. Their 2008 commemoration coincided with November 11, and was attended by former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Colin Powell, who dropped the ceremonial first puck of that game. The Islanders intend each year's "Military Appreciation Day" to be the home game closest to Veterans Day.
The New York Jets of the NFL's American Football Conference have commemorated “Jets Military Appreciation Day” since 2000. Recent dates include November 19, 2006; November 4, 2007; and November 9, 2008.
The Golden Corral chain gives a free “thank you” dinner to any person who has ever served in the United States Military on its "Military Appreciation Monday". In 2008, the event was held on Monday, November 17, 2008 from 5 pm to 9 pm.
National Speed, Inc. holds a yearly Military Appreciation Day event open to all branches of the military and to the public. The event is always held on Armed Forces Day and all proceeds are donated to Wounded Warrior Project.
- Isles Celebrate Military Appreciation Day
- Jets Salute American Heroes
- Honoring the Troops on Military Appreciation Day
- Jets honor servicemembers with military appreciation day
- Honolulu Zoo Society President's Message: July 2005 Message
- USO | Hawaii Programs and Services
- Military Appreciation Day at the Virginia Zoo
- USO of Hampton Roads and the Virginia Zoo Host Military Families
- Zoo celebrates Military Appreciation Day
- Golden Corral
- Six Flags Over Georgia: All Events
- MilitaryAppreciationDay.org – is a 501 (c)(3) Non-Profit organization with an all volunteer staff. The Military Appreciation Day (MAD)volunteers host large scale fishing events for members of all five service branches and their dependents.
Currently, Military Appreciation Day hosts events in Morehead City and Southport, North Carolina MAD hosted its first event on May 20, 2006 and since then has served over 5000 of our nations military members on fishing trips, land based activities and scenic boat tours.
MAD, Inc. will be hosting the next event on Saturday, June 1 in Morehead City, NC. We are hoping to have 110 volunteer provided boats and host 600 Active Duty, Guard and Reservists for a day of great fishing followed by an old fashioned barbecue dinner.
If you are interested in learning about Military Appreciation Day, Inc. please visit www.MilitaryAppreciationDay.org