Military history of Britain
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Military history of England: the military history of the nations and tribes that inhabited or occupied the lands that make up England and Wales, before the creation of the United Kingdom under the Act of Union in 1707.
- Military history of Ireland: for the military history of Ireland as a part of the United Kingdom, including the present-day Northern Ireland.
- Military history of Scotland: for the military history of Scotland since prehistoric times to today.
- Military history of the United Kingdom: since its formation in 1707.
During its history, British forces or forces with a British mandate have invaded, had some control over or fought conflicts in 171 of the world's 193 countries that are currently UN member states, or nine out of ten of all countries.
- History of the Royal Navy
- History of the British Army
- History of the Royal Marines
- History of the Royal Air Force
- List of wars involving Great Britain
- British Empire
- Laycock, S. (2012). All the Countries We've Ever Invaded - And the Few We Never Got Round To. The History Press.