Military of Seychelles
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)|
The Military of Seychelles is the Seychelles People's Defence Force which consists of a number of distinct branches: including an Infantry Unit, Coast Guard, Air Force and a Presidential Protection Unit.
Military manpower - availability:
males age 15-49: 23,210 (2002 est.)
Military manpower - fit for military service:
males age 15-49: 11,560 (2002 est.)
Military expenditures - dollar figure: $14.85 million (2005)
Military expenditures - percent of GDP: 2.1% (2005)
The Seychelles Coast Guard is the maritime arm of the Seychelles People's Defence Force.
- 1 42m patrol boat - 268 tons full load - commissioned 1983
- 1 Turya class torpedo boat delivered 1986
- Various other patrol craft.
The Seychelles Air Force was originally formed in 1978 as the Air Wing and has the following aircraft:
- 1 x De Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter, Maritime patrol and SAR mission
- 1 x Dornier Do 228, Maritime patrol and SAR mission
- 1 x Harbin Y-12E, Transport aircraft
- 1 x Britten-Norman Defender, Transport aircraft
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Military of Seychelles.|
|This Seychelles-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This African military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|