|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011)|
|Industry||Film, Home Entertainment, Distribution|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California|
|Key people||Bill Lee, (CEO)|
|Products||Independent Theatrical Films, DVD, Blu-ray|
Millennium Entertainment is an American independent global film distributor based in Los Angeles, California. The company acquires and distributes feature films, television series and specialty programming. The staff includes marketing and distribution specialist Brooke Ford and Andy Gruenberg,
Following its formation in 2010, the company marked its first noteworthy theatrical release in 2011 with Trust, starring Academy Award nominees Clive Owen, Catherine Keener, and Viola Davis. Other 2011 theatrical releases include Puncture starring Chris Evans; Trespass starring Nicolas Cage and Nicole Kidman; and Little Birds starring Juno Temple and Kay Panabaker; and Richard Linklater's Bernie, co-written by Skip Hollandsworth and Linklater, starring Jack Black, Shirley MacLaine, and Matthew McConaughey.
In 2012, Millennium Entertainment distributed titles included Stolen with Nicolas Cage; Juan Carlos Fresnadillo's thriller Intruders starring Clive Owen and Carice van Houten from a screenplay by Nicolás Casariego and Jaime Marques; and The Paperboy starring Matthew McConaughey, Nicole Kidman, and Zac Efron.
Millennium Entertainment owns and operates, through its content aggregation and distribution venture Millennium Media Services, a film library consisting of over 1,000 titles including Paris, Je’TAime, Transsiberian, and The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans, as well as the recent titles Elephant White, starring Djimon Hounsou and Kevin Bacon; Shadows and Lies, starring James Franco; and Blitz, starring Jason Statham.
Television series released by Millennium Entertainment include The Cosby Show, Baywatch, and A Different World. First Look Studios originally released all eight seasons of The Cosby Show, A Different World, and other shows on DVD, but they eventually filed bankruptcy in 2010. Millennium Entertainment acquired all of First Look Studios’ assets, and continued to release them in the United States, Canada, Bermuda, and other U.S. Territories.
In April 2013, it was announced that Millennium Entertainment will be sold, and an investment company, Salem Partners, will assist in the sale.
- A Different World
- Flipping Out
- Guy's Big Bite
- Hell's Kitchen (U.S)
- McMillan & Wife
- The Cosby Show
- The Millionaire Matchmaker
- The Rachel Zoe Project
- The Invisible Man
- Unsolved Mysteries
- A Little Bit of Heaven
- Alpha Males Experiment
- Dead Awake
- Dead Sushi
- Elephant White
- Faces in the Crowd
- Fake (2011)
- High Road
- Little Birds
- Red Lights
- Shadows & lies
- Spiders (2013)
- So Undercover
- The Babymakers
- The Elephant in the Living Room
- The Iceman
- The Liquidator (2011)
- The Ultimate Yogi
- Trespass (2011)
- Life of a King
- Playing Dirty
- Rob the Mob
- Straight A's
- The Nocturnal
- What Maisie Knew
- Stuck in Love
- Upside Down
- Buck Wild
- UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Video Asia
- "Millennium Entertainment Company Profile". Millennium Entertrainment. Millennium Entertrainment. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- Ford, Brooke. "Brook Ford | LinkedIn". LinkedIn. LinkedIn. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Millennium Entertainment - Production Company | Backstage". Backstage. Backstage. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- Millennium On The Block; Salem Partners To Handle Sale Of Distribution Unit. Deadline.com (April 22, 2013).
- "Millennium Entertainment [us]". IMDb. IMDb.com, Inc. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- Ofgang, Kenneth. "Court Revives Suit Over Profits From Ving Rhames Movie.". Metropolitan News-Enterprise. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "FIRST LOOK MEDIA INC (FIRST:OTC US): Stock Quote & Company Profile - Businessweek". Businessweek. Bloomberg. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "First Look Studios Acquired by Millennium Entertainment.". Blu-ray.com. Blu-ray.com. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Millennium Entertainment TV Shows". DVD Empire.com. Right Ascension, Inc. Retrieved 5 March 2013.