Miller, New South Wales
Sydney, New South Wales
Miller Shopping Centre
|Location||38 km (24 mi) south-west of Sydney CBD|
|LGA(s)||City of Liverpool|
Miller Shopping Centre is currently managed by Savills (NSW) Pty Ltd. It is a community shopping centre featuring Woolworths, IGA and approximately 32 other specialty shops. Miller Shopping Centre was sold to new owners in early 2011 and plans are currently in place for renovtions to commence to improve its appeal and status in the community.
- Miller Technology High School contains an English-language program for immigrant children from the entire Liverpool council area.
- Miller Public School
- Miller College
According to the 2006 census, Miller had a population of 2998. While the majority of the population spoke English only at home, there were substantial numbers speaking Arabic (14.5%), Vietnamese (7.3), Hindi (2.6%), Spanish (2.3%) and Samoan (1.7%). It is a low-income area with the median household income ($498 per week) less than half the national average ($1027) and large number of properties in the area (470 out of 1200) are owned by Housing NSW.
- The Book of Sydney Suburbs, Compiled by Frances Pollen, Angus & Robertson Publishers, 1990, Published in Australia ISBN 0-207-14495-8
- "Miller Technology High School". NSW Department of Education. Retrieved 7 July 2008.
- "Miller Public School". NSW Department of Education. Retrieved 7 July 2008.
- "Miller College - TAFE NSW". South Western Sydney Institute. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Miller (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 7 July 2008.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Miller, New South Wales.|
|This article related to the geography of Sydney is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|