|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011)|
||The neutrality of this article is questioned because of its systemic bias. In particular, there may be a strong bias in favor of United States. (January 2013)|
Millionaires' Mile (also written Millionaire's Mile and sometimes called Millionaires' Row or Alpha Street) is the exclusive residential neighborhoods of various cities, often along one scenic strip such as a riverside or hilltop drive, or a wide city boulevard.
Millionaires' Miles are characterized by the presence of great houses in varying architectural styles. Depending on the location, these may be stately homes, mansions, townhouses, esoteric modern creations or other imposing designs.
- Calgary, Canada: 'American Hill' (home to many Canadian oil tycoons), Mount Royal, Calgary
- Canberra, Australia: 'Golden Mile', Mugga Way, Red Hill, Australian Capital Territory
- Gold Coast, Australia: Hedges Avenue, Mermaid Beach
- Sydney, Australia: Wolseley Road, Point Piper
- Melbourne, Australia: St Georges Road, Clendon Road, Hopetoun Road, Albany Road and Lansell Road (all of which are in Toorak)
- Jakarta, Indonesia: Kebayoran Baru, Menteng, Kelapa Gading, Pondok Indah.
- City of Bradford: Heaton, Ilkley, Ben Rhydding, Eldwick, Baildon and Charlestown, and Birkenshaw
- Leeds, West Yorkshire: Alwoodley, Roundhay, Linton
- Leiden: Doezastraat
- London: Park Lane, The Bishop's Avenue and Winnington Road in Hampstead Garden Suburb, the squares of Belgravia and Knightsbridge, Kensington Palace Gardens, Barnes Village and Mottingham Village
- Lyon: Boulevard des Belges
- Marseille: Corniche Kennedy
- Mexico City: along Paseo de la Reforma as it winds through Lomas de Chapultepec
- Montreal, Canada: Westmount, Quebec
- Mumbai: Peddar Road, Malabar Hill and Altamount Road
- Paris: Parts of the 16th arrondissement
- Poole, Dorset: Sandbanks
- Toronto, Canada: Bridle Path, York Mills, Lawrence Park, Forest Hill, and Rosedale in Toronto. Lakeshore Road in Oakville, Ontario (a suburb of Toronto). Mississauga Road in Mississauga, Ontario (a suburb of Toronto).
- Starnberg: Millionaires´ town near Munich, richest town in Germany
- Surabaya, Indonesia: Kertajaya Indah, many locations in West Surabaya (Darmo Permai, Graha Famili, Citraraya).
- Wellington, New Zealand: Oriental Bay Drive
- Winnipeg, Manitoba: Wellington Crescent, River Heights and Tuxedo
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada: Radcliffe Avenue in West Vancouver. The Crescent and Angus Drive in Shaughnessy.
- Victoria, British Columbia, Canada: Beach Drive in Uplands, Oak Bay. Queenswood Drive in Ten Mile Point, British Columbia.
Some well-known Millionaires' Miles include the following:
- Alexandria Bay, New York: A chain of islands in the Saint Lawrence River, from Stony Crest Island to Heart Island.
- Atlanta, Georgia: West Paces Ferry Road and Riverside Drive NW.
- Baltimore, Maryland: North Charles Street and St. Paul Street.
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana: Dalrymple Drive and Lakeshore Neighborhood; Garden District
- Beverly Hills, California: Sunset Boulevard
- Birmingham, Alabama: Crest Road, Stratford Road, Argyle Road,and Redmont Road
- Boca Raton, Palm Beach, Florida: Downtown Boca Raton
- Boston, Massachusetts: Beacon Hill and Commonwealth Avenue
- Broward County: Hillsboro Beach Road
- Buffalo, New York: Delaware Avenue
- Chicago: Lake Shore Drive, Sheridan Road
- Cincinnati: Dayton Street Historic District
- Cleveland, Ohio: Euclid Avenue (historic)
- Dallas, Texas: Swiss Avenue, Strait Lane
- Detroit, Michigan: Palmer Woods, Strathcona Drive
- Fort Worth, Texas: Crestline Road, Westover Circle, Shady Oaks Lane
- Hartford, Connecticut: Prospect Avenue (Governor's Row)
- Indianapolis, Indiana: Meridian Street
- Jacksonville, Florida: Ponte Vedra Boulevard
- Lafayette, Louisiana: West Bayou Parkway
- Las Vegas: MacDonald Highlands east of MacDonald Ranch Dr., Grand Hills Dr. in Seven Hills, Southern Highlands north of Golf Estates Dr.
- Los Angeles, California: Bel Air, Flats of Beverly Hills north of Santa Monica Blvd., Brentwood north of San Vicente Blvd., Wilshire Boulevard east of Westwood Village, North Carolwood Drive and South Mapleton Drive in Holmby Hills
- Miami, Florida: Brickell Avenue, Indian Creek, Star Island, Coconut Grove (Coco Plum), Golden Beach
- Miami Beach, Florida: Collins Avenue
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin: Lake Drive
- Minneapolis, Minnesota: The Cedar-Isles-Dean and Kenwood neighborhoods of the affluent Calhoun-Isles community, located in scenic territory around the city's famous Chain of Lakes Park.
- Mobile, Alabama: Government Street
- New Orleans, Louisiana: The Garden District, particularly St. Charles Avenue and its side streets, especially the gated Audubon Place
- New York City: along Fifth Avenue on the Upper East Side
- Newport, Rhode Island: Bellevue Avenue
- Oklahoma City: Nichols Hills, particularly Grand and Wilshire Boulevards
- Palm Beach, Florida: Worth Avenue and parts of South Ocean Boulevard
- Pasadena, California: South Orange Grove Boulevard
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: The Main Line
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: Fifth Avenue
- Portland, Oregon: Cedar Mill
- Raleigh, North Carolina: Holt Drive in Hayes Barton Historic District, White Oak Road in Anderson Heights, and Lakeview Drive in Country Club Hills
- Richmond, Virginia: Monument Avenue, River Road and Cary Street.
- St. Louis, Missouri: Central West End near Forest Park, Lindell Boulevard, Portland Place and Westmoreland Place (both private).
- San Francisco: Sea Cliff, St. Francis Wood, and the suburb of Atherton, California
- St. Paul, Minnesota: Summit Avenue
- San Antonio, Texas: Contour Drive (Olmos Park)
- Santa Monica, California: Montana Avenue (north of Montana) and San Vicente Boulevard (north of San Vicente)
- Washington, D.C.: Massachusetts Avenue
- Williamsport, Pennsylvania: Millionaire's Row Historic District, West Fourth Street
- Skid Row
- Embassy Row
- Magnificent Mile
- Miracle Mile
- Newbury Street
- Fifth Avenue and Madison Avenue
- Rodeo Drive