Mills Township, Bond County, Illinois
Location in Bond County
Bond County's location in Illinois
|Settlement||November 6, 1888|
|• Total||36.5 sq mi (95 km2)|
|• Land||36.46 sq mi (94.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.11%|
|Elevation||505 ft (154 m)|
|• Density||15.1/sq mi (5.8/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62231, 62246, 62275|
|GNIS feature ID||0429368|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.5 square miles (95 km2), of which 36.46 square miles (94.4 km2) (or 99.89%) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (or 0.11%) is water.
The township contains these three cemeteries: Greene, Weinheimer and Wisetown.
- Bond County Community Unit School District 2
Born in Mills
- Leona Roberts (1879–1954), theatre and film actress, perhaps best known as Mrs. Meade in Gone with the Wind
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 102
- State Senate District 51
- "Mills Township, Bond County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Old Ripley Township||Central Township||Pleasant Mound Township|
|Burgess Township||Tamalco Township|
|Saint Rose Township, Clinton County||Wheatfield Township, Clinton County||Irishtown Township, Clinton County|