View of Table Mountain from Milnerton beach
|Municipality||City of Cape Town|
|• Total||43.70 km2 (16.87 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,200/km2 (5,700/sq mi)|
|Racial makeup (2011)|
|• Black African||29.9%|
|First languages (2011)|
|Postal code (street)||7441|
One of the most identifiable features of Milnerton is its lagoon, formed where the Diep River enters the sea, with palm trees adorning the lagoon banks. The lagoon is used by canoeists from the Milnerton Canoe Club, which is the oldest canoe club in the province.
Two bridges join Woodbridge Island to the mainland of Milnerton proper. The wooden bridge is now a national heritage site. A newer bridge allows cars to cross to the island. The Milnerton Lighthouse is also a popular landmark found on the island.
- Milnerton.info. Accessed 28 April 2006.
- "Main Place Milnerton". Census 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Milnerton.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Milnerton.|
- Live web cam of Milnerton Beach and others
- Milnerton.org - Latest news and information about Milnerton
- Live web cam views onto the Milnerton Lagoon and Cape Town