|Founder(s)||Milo Carlton (1919-1995)|
|Headquarters||Birmingham, Alabama, U.S.|
|Number of locations||15 stores|
|Products||Hamburgers, Chicken fingers, French fries, grilled cheese sandwiches, sweet tea, soft drinks, milkshakes|
Milo's Hamburgers is a regional fast-food restaurant chain based in Alabama, United States. As of 2007, Milo's has 15 restaurants, 14 in the Birmingham metro area, one in Southside. Milo's is known for its secret hamburger sauce and sweet tea, both included with a pie in the Mega Meal combo. Chicken tenders were added to the menu in 2000. Its slogan is "Everybody goes to... Milo's"
The restaurant was established by Milo Carlton, who, on April 16, 1946, opened Milo's Hamburger Shop in Birmingham, at 31st Street and 12th Avenue North. The restaurant moved to 2820 10th Avenue North in 1963. Milo's began selling franchises in 1983; the first franchise location, at 509 18th Street South in Birmingham, opened February 7, 1983. Since the late 1980s, Milo's has also sold its tea throughout grocery stores in Alabama. Today, Milo's tea can be purchased in Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, Georgia, Louisiana, as well as parts of Kentucky, Virginia, South Carolina, and the Florida panhandle.
- Jack's (another original hamburger fast food restaurant, based in Alabama)
- Locations, Milo's Hamburgers web site, accessed February 27, 2007.
- Sauce is still boss, but Milo's tea takes off, Don Milazzo, Birmingham Business Journal, online, article dated October 8, 1999, accessed February 27, 2007.
- , Severeweathercentral.blogspot.com, accessed April 5, 2012.
- History, Milo's Hamburgers web site, accessed February 27, 2007.
- Milo's serves up a warehouse in Bessemer, Gilbert Nicholson, Birmingham Business Journal, online, article dated February 1, 2002, accessed February 27, 2007.
- It's teatime (Milo's style) in Bessemer, Steven Mackay, Birmingham Business Journal, article dated December 13, 2002, accessed February 27, 2007.