|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014)|
|Stadium||UW–Milwaukee Panther Arena|
|League||Major Arena Soccer League|
|Regular Season: 2nd Place
Playoffs: Lost Semifinals
The Milwaukee Wave is an American professional indoor soccer team based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Founded in 1984, they have been the oldest continuously operating professional soccer team in North America and a member of the Major Arena Soccer League.
The team was founded on August 3, 1984, as a member of the American Indoor Soccer Association and has played in every season and incarnation of that league (see MISL). Milwaukee also hosted the 2003 and 2006 MISL II All-Star Games.
Keith Tozer has coached them for 22 seasons. He has been assisted by Mark Litton and Guiliano Oliverio.
On April 3, 2013, Sue Black was announced as the new owner of the Wave, replacing Milwaukee-area business man Jim Lindenberg, who had owned the team since 2009.
After the 2013-2014 season, the team announced that it was leaving the MISL along with five other teams and join the MASL.
Just before the 2014–15 season began, the Wave replaced their traditional green artificial turf with a black turf to match the team's colors and marketing strategy. Reception by fans and the press was mixed but generally positive.
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- Denotes team captain
Wave Hall of Fame Inductees
|Tony Pierce||2010||1985-1991, 1992-1993|
|Greg Howes||2011||2000-2008, 2011-|
|Michael Richardson||2012||1994-1995, 1996-2000|
|The Sayles Family||2012||Fans, also including Larry Sayles, Team Trainer, 1984-Pres.|
Other notable former players
|Year||League||Reg. Season||Playoffs||Attendance Average|
|1984-85||AISA||6th AISA, 13-27||Failed to qualify||2,114|
|1985-86||AISA||6th AISA, 11-29||Failed to qualify||1,802|
|1986-87||AISA||4th North, 12-30||Failed to qualify||2,316|
|1987-88||AISA||3rd AISA, 11-13||3rd place, 6-6||3,066|
|1988-89||AISA||2nd AISA, 24-16||Lost Semifinal||6,442|
|1989-90||AISA||2nd National, 21-19||Lost Semifinal||7,147|
|1990-91||NPSL II||2nd National, 23-17||Lost First Round||6,526|
|1991-92||NPSL II||4th National, 18-22||Failed to qualify||7,629|
|1992-93 N||NPSL II||5th National, 17-23||Failed to qualify||7,759|
|1993–94||NPSL II||4th National, 20-20||Lost First Round||7,326|
|1994-95||NPSL II||3rd National, 23-17||Lost First Round||7,108|
|1995-96||NPSL II||2nd National, 30-10||Lost Division Semifinal||7,363|
|1996-97||NPSL II||2nd Midwest, 26-14||Lost Conference Quarterfinal||7,975|
|1997–98||NPSL II||1st Central, 28-12||Won Championship||7,903|
|1998–99||NPSL II||2nd Central, 25-15||Lost Conference Semifinal||8,453|
|1999–2000||NPSL II||1st North, 31-13||Won Championship||8,002|
|2000–01||NPSL II||1st National, 24-16||Won Championship||8,310|
|2001-02||MISL II||1st MISL, 34-10||Lost Championship||6,665|
|2002-03||MISL II||1st Western, 28-9||Lost Championship||7,096|
|2003-04||MISL II||1st Central, 26-9||Lost Championship||6,012|
|2004-05||MISL II||1st MISL, 24-15||Won Championship||3,675|
|2005-06||MISL II||3rd MISL, 17-13||Lost Semifinal||4,352|
|2006-07||MISL II||4th MISL, 16-14||Lost Semifinal||4,618|
|2007–08||MISL II||2nd MISL, 22-8||Lost Semifinal||4,367|
|2008–09||XSL||3rd XSL, 10-10||No Playoffs||4,247|
|2009-10||MISL III||1st MISL, 14-6||Lost Championship||3,934|
|2010-11||MISL III||2nd MISL, 15-5||Won Championship||4,531|
|2011–12||MISL III||1st Central, 18-6||Won Championship||3,955|
|2012-13||MISL III||2nd MISL, 21-5||Lost Semifinals||5,068|
|2013-14||MISL III||2nd MISL, 16-4||Lost Semifinals||4,906|
Win % = .591
|1984–1985, 1985–1986||Dave Johnson|
- Keith Tozer missed parts of the 1997-98 & 1999-00 season coaching the US Futsal team. Both times, Art Kramer filled in.
- Michael H. Bazelon (1987-??)
- Charles Krause (2002–09)
- James Lindenberg (2009–2013)
- Sue Black (2013–2014)
- Mike Zimmerman (2014–present)
The Milwaukee Wave United is the official reserve team for the Milwaukee Wave. The Wave United is involved in local premier leagues around the area of Milwaukee, and call the Panther Arena their home as well. While playing their home games at the "Panther" they take the field against the Major division clubs of Wisconsin. The Wave United's uniform colors are Black and Red with White trim. The Wave United has been[when?] coached by Wave assistant coach Mark Litton.
- "Cincinnati Kings to Battle MISL's Milwaukee Wave". Retrieved 2013-01-25.
- http://masl.pointstreaksites.com/view/masl/teams-79. Missing or empty
- Boehler, Dave; Walker, Don (2013-04-03). Sue Black becomes new owner of Wave. Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, 3 April 2013. Retrieved from http://www.jsonline.com/sports/soccer/sue-black-becomes-new-owner-of-wave-ed9djaq-201360031.html.
- Graham, Glenn (2014-04-14). Baltimore Blast joining with other teams to form new indoor soccer league. Baltimore Sun, 14 April 2014. Retrieved from http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2014-04-14/sports/bal-baltimore-blast-joining-with-other-teams-to-form-new-indoor-soccer-league-20140414_1_new-league-misl-baltimore-blast.
- Viquez, Marc (December 22, 2014). "Black is the New Black in Milwaukee". Stadium Journey (Chicago, IL). Retrieved December 23, 2014.
- "Milwaukee Wave". Retrieved 2015-03-22.