Milwaukee crime family
Frank Balistrieri, the most influential boss of the Milwaukee crime family.
||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.
||Various neighborhoods over Milwaukee
||Italians, Italian Americans, Sicilians and Sicilian Americans are made men. Other ethnicities as "associates".
||10 made members
||Illegal gambling, skimming, extortion, prostitution, bookmaking, racketeering, corruption, drug trafficking, fraud, money laundering, loansharking
||Chicago Outfit, Bonanno crime family and others crime families
The Milwaukee crime family or Balistrieri crime family is an American Mafia crime family based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The crime family was considered a branch of the Chicago Outfit. The family's most influential boss was Frank "Mr. Big" Balistrieri, who was greatly involved in the Las Vegas skimming casinos. Today, the crime family is nearly extinct, since Balistrieri died in 1993, with the Chicago Outfit gaining control over some of the illegal rackets in the area.
Historical leadership 
- 1918-1921 - Vito Guardalabene - died on February 6, 1921 from natural causes
- 1921-1927 - Peter Guardalabene - the son of Vito Guardalabene was boss until 1927
- 1927- Joseph Amato - died of natural causes on March 28, 1927
- 1927-1949 - Joseph Vallone - the Commission decided that the Milwaukee family would answer to and remain under the Chicago Outfit's power. Vallone retired in 1949 and died on March 18, 1952 from natural causes.
- 1949-1952 - Sam Ferrara - in 1952 he was voted out by his family and members of the Chicago Outfit forced him to step down.
- 1952-1961 - John Alioto - trained his son-in-law Frank Balistrieri
- 1961-1993 - Frank "Mr. Big" Balistrieri imprisoned March 1967-June 1971. In the late 1970s, with his two sons Joseph and John worked with Bonanno crime family capo Michael Sabella. He was imprisoned from 1983-1991 for his involvement in Las Vegas skim racket. He died of natural causes on February 7, 1993.
- Acting 1967-1971 - Peter Balistrieri - Frank Balistrieri's brother and Underboss
- Acting 1983-1993 - Peter Balistrieri - Frank Balistrieri's brother and Underboss, he became boss in 1993
- 1993-1997 - Peter Frank Balistrieri - he died of natural causes on August 17, 1997 
- 1997–present - Joseph P. Caminiti  - he was Frank Balistrieri's Consigliere
Further reading 
- Schmitt, Gavin. Milwaukee Mafia. Arcadia, 2012.
External links